Home Open Account Help 242 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Three Steamtown Railfest videos

Date: 09/07/14 20:05
Three Steamtown Railfest videos
Author: OCtrainguy

It's been a busy week since I visited Steamtown on August 30th for their Railfest. Though the morning forecast I caught stated "partly cloudy" skies, I didn't see much of the sun, or the blue sky, that day. The Saturday crowd seemed larger in the morning than in the afternoon. I myself continued to check out what there was to do while my wife and son caught a soccer game at the University of Scranton. My daughter is so proud of the trestle bridge I helped her make out of plastic straws and tape. That alone made the afternoon worth it. Plus, I got to ride the Scranton Limited with the CNJ Alco. Anyway, onto the videos:

1. The Scranton Limited backing toward Bridge 60 while the Moscow excursion train boards passengers.
2. The Moscow excursion train leaves Steamtown.

In previous years, the pedestrian overpass for the yard and mall was pretty crowded with railfans. Myself aside, there were only a couple on the bridge with a few mall shoppers passing by.

3. DL&W F3A 664 pulls the B unit and a caboose with the caboose hop train.

Hope you enjoy.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 09/07/14 20:17
Re: Three Steamtown Railfest videos
Author: Governor_Oyle

Enjoy them I did! Thanks!

Date: 09/08/14 04:07
Author: ClubCar

You mean Diesel Town videos. They are nice though, thanks for sharing them with us. I'll be happy if and when Steamtown gets back to running some steam again.

Date: 09/08/14 04:07
Author: rev66vette

Me too, thanks for sharing.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0304 seconds