Home Open Account Help 336 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Quabog Transfer Railroad

Date: 07/24/02 14:15
Quabog Transfer Railroad
Author: cjvrr

Looking thru some old magazines the other day and came across an article on the Quabog Transfer up in New England. Believe they ran RS-11s.

Does anyone have any history on this railroad? Did they fold up and if so, when?

Date: 07/24/02 14:23
Re: Quaboag Transfer Railroad
Author: toledopatch

Quaboag Transfer operates/d a modest intermodal/transloading facility near Belchertown, MA, for which the CV operated a dedicated train for several years. I believe the primary commodities hauled were trailerloads of beer and lumber from Canada. I don't know if it's still in operation, but the RS11's were shipped off the property in 1988 after the special trains ended, and an ex-P&W GP9 was retained for switching at the terminal.

Deletion of the second "a" in the company's name is a common misspelling.

Date: 07/24/02 14:46
Author: KevinD

They also had ex-CR GP38s 7803 and 7822, which are now on the B&P.

Date: 07/24/02 16:18
Author: nikonman

Palmer, Mass. 9/89

Andy

Date: 07/24/02 21:57
Author: rs36

The RS11s went to the Winchester & Western in VA.

The 3609 was sold to Wimpey Minerals 9JAN91, and sent to the Annville PA quarry as 360.

The 3611 is still in Winchester VA working at Miller Milling last time I checked.

Date: 07/24/02 22:40
Author: vrsfan

WIMX 360 was in an accident and scrapped on site at Annville sometime in the mid-90's

I too recall seeing 3611 at Miller Milling in Winchester. Would really like to get good rosters of her, anyone know how friendly they are there? You can see it from I-81 in wintertime when passing south w/ the leafless trees.

Date: 07/24/02 23:18
Author: rs36

They lock themselves in the office on the second floor, so I would call in advance. They have been very freindly whenever I visited.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0365 seconds