Home Open Account Help 382 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Harper's Ferry Tunnel Work Impacts?

Date: 10/23/14 05:26
Harper's Ferry Tunnel Work Impacts?
Author: RayLewis

First forgive my ignorance/lack of knowledge here (stick with me for a second). I am planning on heading to Paw Paw on Saturday so I just want to make sure that I will be ok on Saturday (I will have some trains to shoot) before I make the 4 hour trip. I have seen the posts about Harper's Ferry tunnel work and "parade's" that are created from these work windows. I realize its 60-70 miles away, just trying to understand the impact. I assume this will benefit me, but you know how that assume saying goes....it seemed like it did a month or so ago when I was there. But then again during that trip Sunday was much different than Saturday: I saw about 10 trains before noon on a Saturday, then not one on Sunday morning.

Any tips/heads up would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Ray Lewis

Posted from Android

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/14 05:27 by RayLewis.

Date: 10/23/14 16:55
Re: Harper's Ferry Tunnel Work Impacts?
Author: firefighter3766

Not sure how it would affect you eastbound wise but the westbounds start around 0800 through the tunnel give or take the time to clear work crews or if they need to extend the curfew for some reason....there have been a few days where there was not a curfew.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0269 seconds