Home Open Account Help 296 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > SP on the B&O

Date: 09/09/02 16:35
SP on the B&O
Author: xnj

Unpatched SP179(C44AC) in the consist of Q35308 along with a UP7242(C44AC).
Both units have been out and about the CSXT system paired together since the end of August mainly on the Walbridge to Newell coal route.
Sice Q353 terminates in Willard those to the West say Deshler or Garrett may want to keep a eye peeled for Q38310 if these units are headed back to the UP. Q353's power seems to transfer onto the next days Q383.
Good luck as it's not everyday that you get to see a unadulterated SP unit in the Midwest.

Date: 09/09/02 17:56
Re: SP on the B&O
Author: pizzaman

xnj wrote:> Unpatched SP179(C44AC) in the consist of Q35308 along with a> UP7242(C44AC).> Both units have been out and about the CSXT system paired> together since the end of August mainly on the Walbridge to> Newell coal route.>...........................Thats what I like about you NC Sub boys. You wait till its long gone before you report it. Isn't that the Newell to Walbridge coal route? The direction you mentioned, is an empty hopper run. Why no heads when it went east???? "FreddyS" would have given an eye tooth for a heads up on that........... They could leave Willard on a Q339 also. Thats how 809 and 700 got out of town after they arrived on a Q343. But since Q383 goes straight to Chi-town thats probably the most logical choice.

Date: 09/09/02 20:15
Re: SP on the B&O

<<Thats what I like about you NC Sub boys. You wait till its long gone before you report it.>>

Just report them as I see them pass the house for the most part (Q353 was long past you folks remember). I do give "heads up" posts but withhold posting alot of them here since most people have complained in the past about such postings that I would rather put them out on the list were folks on there along the B&O would benefit from them.

<<Isn't that the Newell to Walbridge coal route? The direction you mentioned, is an empty hopper run.>>

If you would like to get technical then yes "loads" from Newell to Walbridge. The Edison train sets return to Walbridge mty from Trenton,Mi holding the same symbol as the loaded train N840 and changes symbols in Walbridge to E840 for the return to Newell.

Watching from behind the terminal at Q353 as it arrives in Willard West the power is usually serviced and additional Westbound traffic is added to the now expired 353 and leaves out in the morning as Q383. Not to say the brain trust at the power desk won't yank the units to head South to St.Louis...ya never know.

Date: 09/09/02 20:42
Re: SP on the B&amp;O
Author: CSX_CO

Could also get stuck on either Q351 or Q387. Often Q351 will leave Buffalo without it's required UP Leader. Usually picks one up in Willard if this happens, but has been known to pick one up in Garrett.

Q387 ends up at Proviso too, and skips the power layover at Barr in Chicago.

But as XNJ points out, anything is possible with the power desk.

Have a safe CSX Day

Date: 09/10/02 02:55
Author: freddy

You are quite right Pizzaman. I chased that train all over the CSX three nights in a row and never even got a glimpse of it. Always seemed to miss him by one move. I wasn't sure what the UP #7242 was running around with on those Newell Coal trains, but now that you mention the SP unit it even makes my misses worse.

Thanks for post XNJ

RAS

Date: 09/10/02 14:38

And Q351 it is.
Nice call CO.

Date: 09/10/02 16:27
Author: fdfrisch

Q351 09 in 5 rail at Garrett, IN CSX yard with UP UP SD90MAC 8544, UP C40-8's 9199 & 9333, UP AC4400CW 7242, SP B23-7 179 & HLCX SD40-2 6077. Helluva train (nearly every day).

I can see the SP boat from my house.

FDFrisch

Date: 09/10/02 17:22

Not to question your eyesight FDF but the 179 was a GE AC44 that passed here not a B23-7.
Maybe it's another unit or somthing?

Date: 09/10/02 17:28

Pardon me UP fans......C44AC :^)

Date: 09/10/02 19:17
Author: fdfrisch

I am sure you are right xnj - I knew something was wrong with a baby boat when I looked at the UP roster at railfanusa.com. Just departed Garrett at 2210 - nightshots!!! Yeah!!!

FDFrisch

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0573 seconds