Home Open Account Help 330 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Sleet, Flashes, and two YN3B GEVO's

Date: 01/29/15 22:55
Sleet, Flashes, and two YN3B GEVO's
Author: msullivan1993

Since the weather has been junk for the past week or so, I haven't had a great opportunity to get out and get some pictures, therefore my only opportunities are at night. Took a chance tonight, and I'll be darned if I didn't get pummeled with sleet as soon as the flashes go up..

#1 - After a quick stop for a crew change at Russell, baretable train X115-28 follows an eastbound trash train out of the yard, passing through Greenup, KY at the end of a fast moving sleet squall.

#2 - Coming in from a westbound train earlier in the day, CSXT 3029 and CSXT 5000 (Diversity In Motion) take charge of a unit grain train (G600-something) past the Ashland Amtrak platform, heading for the Big Sandy Subdivision about 8 miles south.

Date: 01/30/15 04:33
Re: Sleet, Flashes, and two YN3B GEVO's
Author: refarkas

"A+" night shots. Not only did you get great exposures, but the composition is interesting. I like photo one's contrast of the locomotive in the current scheme with the junk car as it adds the dimension of "time" to the image.
Bob

Date: 01/30/15 04:52
Author: Benched_it

Nicely done, great shots!

Jay

Date: 01/30/15 06:46
Author: hoydie17

refarkas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "A+" night shots. Not only did you get great
> exposures, but the composition is interesting. I
> like photo one's contrast of the locomotive in the
> current scheme with the junk car as it adds the
> dimension of "time" to the image.
> Bob

Yep, what he said... in daylight, that scene would have been a real yawner. But at nighttime, the high contrast of the shadows really adds an interest factor. Keep up the good work.

Date: 01/31/15 03:41
Author: apollo17

O. Winston Link would be proud!

Date: 01/31/15 20:53
Author: wlj619

NICE...brought me back to my childhood in Michigan where the C & 0 does a lot of business.

Walter

Date: 01/31/15 21:42
Author: 3rdswitch

VERY nice!
JB

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0473 seconds