Home Open Account Help 304 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Dixon, TN Railroad Question

Date: 01/30/15 13:53
Dixon, TN Railroad Question
Author: cinder

What rail line passes through Dixon, TN (30 miles west of Nashville) and what is the train frequency. I ask because our son is moving to the area.

Date: 01/30/15 14:45
Re: Dixon, TN Railroad Question
Author: cnw400

The town is spelled Dickson. I live in Burns which is right beside Dickson. The CSX from Nashville to Memphis is the mainline and probably figure 15 +or- trains a day. Through this area it is CTC. There is a short line SCTR which basically is a switching line in Dickson.

Date: 01/30/15 15:23
Re: Dickson, TN Railroad Question
Author: florida581

The CSX line is the Bruceton Sub. The following are the regular trains through Dickson.

Intermodal:
Q044 Memphis, TN (UP) - Atlanta, GA Runs 1x a week.
Q125 Memphis, TN - Savannah, GA
Q126 Savannah, GA - Memphis, TN
Q144 Memphis, TN (UP ZLAME) - Atlanta, GA Runs 4x a week.

Autorack:
Q240 Waycross, GA - Memphis, TN (CN) Run as needed.
Q269 Nashville, TN - Memphis, TN (BNSF) Runs 2x a week.

Manifest:
Q530 Memphis, TN (UP MNLNV)- Nashville, TN
Q531 Nashville, TN - Memphis, TN (UP MNVPB)
Q532 Memphis, TN (CN) - Nashville, TN
Q533 Nashville, TN - Memphis, TN (CN)
Q535 Nashville, TN - Memphis, TN (BNSF)
Q536 Memphis, TN (BNSF) - Nashville, TN

Andrew

Posted from iPhone

Date: 01/30/15 18:50
Author: bq23dash7

I spent a summer in Dickson back in 2000. The station was still there and the local MOW used it. It sounds like the CSX line is still busy.

The South Central Tennessee RR line (at the time; it may still) ran from Dickson to Hohenwald which also had its old station and a caboose. The SCTR's shops and offices were in Centerville which also had a mulch/wood chip operation. They had a motley collection of old equipment including a CF7. I recommend checking the line out, especially the wooden trestle south of Centerville along Highway 100.

John

Posted from Android

Date: 01/30/15 19:24
Author: cinder

Thanks all for the useful info!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0346 seconds