Home Open Account Help 345 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Amtrak "heritage" of sorts......

Date: 01/31/15 02:59
Amtrak "heritage" of sorts......
Author: SlipperyWhenWet

The Amtrak 42 Veterans unit is one that always seems to elude me, ive been trying to catch it for about 2 years now, and everytime im in a position to possibly get it something comes up and i end up missing it. ie a train blocks me or i become to busy and miss it entirely but yesterday i got short notice that it was leading Amtrak 29 - The Capital Limited and i was in a pretty good spot to get it, not even 20 minutes later i notice another Amtrak also heading west for downtown and CUS, Chicago Union Station, and it has Amtrak 66 on Amtrak 851 as the 3rd of 3 engines behind Amtrak 505 which is also somewhat rare around these parts

1) Amtrak 42 Veterans on the 29 train as it approaches Union Station, still about 4 miles out

2) As it starts in on the view of Comiskey Park (or as the new generation now has to call it U.S. Cellular Field - terrible name BTW, it will always be Comiskey)

3) Not the best of views as they were scooting along pretty good and quite out of range but just a general shot of them going past Comiskey and into the Chicago skyline

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/15 03:03 by SlipperyWhenWet.

Date: 01/31/15 03:01
Re: Amtrak "heritage" of sorts......

4) Amtrak 66 behind Amtrak 505 on train 851 as it also passes through the same locations

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/15 03:03 by SlipperyWhenWet.

Date: 01/31/15 09:57
Author: Appalachianrails

Nice shots

Date: 01/31/15 16:32
Author: inCHI

Yeah, nice location.

Date: 01/31/15 16:46
Author: retcsxcfm

How did you get to where you took those pictures.
AFAIK that is all NS property.

Uncle Joe,Seffner,Fl.

Date: 01/31/15 19:18

;)

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0546 seconds