Home Open Account Help 258 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > As Doublemint gum used to say...the I.T. and NKP.

Date: 04/01/15 16:34
As Doublemint gum used to say...the I.T. and NKP.
Author: Forever-Railfan-45

The old Doublemint Gum commercial used to say "double your pleasure" and I believe, personally, I accomplished that today.  Was blessed to catch the Illinois Terminal leading 24W and closed the day catching the 746 with the Nickel Plate leading.  Picture #1 and #2 are at Heacock Road east of Alliance, Ohio and number three is of the NS 10R with BNSF power heading down the Cleveland Single Line known as the Bayard connection...went home after this as I changed spark plugs/radiator fluid and oil in my winter car as I was not that positive about seeing the NKP lead the 746 later in the day but then again things changed for the better but at the last moment.  Got a message that the NKP did indeed pass thru Alliance at 1700 hours so off I went again...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/15 17:00 by Forever-Railfan-45.

Date: 04/01/15 16:37
Re: As Doublemint gum used to say...the I.T. and NKP.

Pictures four thru six are of the 746 at the PRR bridge in Massillon, Ohio.  The clouds cleared nicely from this early afternoon to provide some great sunshine for this train...the wife actually asked if she could tag along for this one and I gladly said yes.  Her diabetes is getting a little better and she was feeling good today so she accompanied me to Massillon.  She has never seen this Heritage locomotive before but then again she was just happy to get out...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/15 16:42 by Forever-Railfan-45.

Date: 04/01/15 16:40

and from yesterday the NS 64E with a UP SD70ACe leader and lastly one of my favorite engines the SD70 standard cab on a 62D...Have a good end of the week everyone.

Date: 04/01/15 18:24
Author: jmbreitigan

Nice angles in photos #4 & 5.
John

Date: 04/01/15 19:08
Author: P

#4 is outstanding!

Date: 04/01/15 22:12
Author: wa4umr

I agree with others, number 4 is quite unique and well presented.

John

Date: 04/02/15 06:43
Author: TrainCatcher

Any day you get a photographic opportunity for a heritage unit in good light is a good day.  You got two.  Nice.

FDF  

Date: 04/02/15 11:31
Author: SCKP187

Great catches of the Heritage Unit--that bridge is impressive work.
Brian Stevens

Date: 04/02/15 12:32
Author: ns1000

GOOD stuff...!! Thanks for sharing.

Date: 04/02/15 16:02
Author: Frank30

In addition to some fantastic loco shots, that bridge seems fascinating.  Any chance we can see it from a distance to grasp it's curvature??
Frank 30

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.2269 seconds