Home Open Account Help 344 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Something amiss on the Lurgan Branch

Date: 04/13/15 18:08
Something amiss on the Lurgan Branch
Author: sparky52t

I came home from work today to find the Winding Hill crossing blocked by a northbound container train. It was stopped by the signal just south of CP-Ross. (The Lurgan branch runs between Hagerstown Md and Harrisburg Pa.) I don't know what was going on but there sure were a bunch of bright white NS maintenance trucks gathered to look at the problem. My understanding is that the train was stopped for roughly 2 hours from 4:30 to 6:30 pm. Shortly after 6:30 the crew on the ground waved the train off.

Anyone know what the story was? 

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 04/14/15 03:18
Re: Something amiss on the Lurgan Branch
Author: dan7366

I don't know if it's related or not, but NS did run the Sperry Truck down the Lurgan yesterday.  They had at least two defects that they had to change out.

Date: 04/14/15 06:36
Re: Something amiss on the Lurgan Branch
Author: GPutz

I was at Shenandoah Junction, WV, from about 10:30 to 15:30 hours and saw only n/b V86 and n/b 227 on NS.  I did hear the dispatcher tell the V86 crew that their power (#9640 only) would go on s/b 37Q at Vardo because it was underpowered.  Gerry

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0327 seconds