Home Open Account Help 302 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > 3 From Rochelle Il today, before the rain came in....

Date: 04/24/15 19:34
3 From Rochelle Il today, before the rain came in....
Author: ns2557

Had the chance to spend a few hours today at the Park in Rochelle Il today. Quite a few trains ran the few hours I was there, more on UP than on BNSF by far.  Here are 3 of the better shots I managed while here.   The second WB/NB on the BNSF was this one, BNSF 4094W w CSX 4831 and  a CSX GE. Empty Oil, one of 3 Oil Trains to day. The other 2 were EB/SB and had NS power as the majority on both of them. 

Second shot is one of the first UP trains I caught. UP 7857E.  Made a nice shot under the Signal Bridge here.

Last shot is also the last shot I got here. Been a few hours since the last BNSF ran thru here. In this shot, is HLCX SD40-2 8148 with 3 CSX Units behind it on a WB/NB Loaded Grain Train. Looks like it came off CSX somewhere down the line, as most of the cars were CSX. That and the power led me to think this.  Nice to see a standard cab leader now a days.  Disp had this one lined up, then took the signal away only to give it back in about 5 minutes or so.

All in all a nice visit. Met a few new fans here which made it all the better.  So, thanks to all for looking. BTW, the rain started on my way back to my vehicle. Got there before I would've got wet.  And it's been off and on rain since.   Ya'll take care.   Ben

Date: 04/24/15 21:13
Re: 3 From Rochelle Il today, before the rain came in....
Author: SCKP187

Nice stuff Ben--those signal bridges make for good photos but the #3 train is pretty cool looking too with the standard cab.
Brian Stevens

Date: 04/24/15 21:34
Author: trainmandan

All three are nice catches! Bet that HLCX sounded pretty good! Nice to see UP 7857, holds a special place in my heart since I had the opportunity to get my photo taken in front of it at the Harmon Rd. grade crossing near Dixon, IL a few years ago.

Date: 04/25/15 03:45
Author: sums007

Nice photos.  Looks like those signals' days are numbered.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0877 seconds