Home Open Account Help 311 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Corn and 90MACs on the NS Sandusky District

Date: 06/30/15 03:32
Corn and 90MACs on the NS Sandusky District
Author: SDP40F600

I was sitting in Bellevue one evening during a recent outing. A train called the Sandusky Dispatcher to report that he was sitting just short of County Road 32 and would the dispatcher tell him when it was OK to come down to Shriver. The dispatcher agreed to do that. This train and another ahead were waiting on traffic to clear in Bellevue.

I looked up Country Road 32 on a map and headed out there. I found a parked coal train sitting amid the cornfields. I've seen several of these former Union Pacific SD90MACs that Norfolk Southern bought awhile back, but all of them had been trailing. It was my first sighting of one leading a train. I got out, made a few images in the late day light and then headed back into town. It was not yet the Fourth of July, but the corn was well over knee high and looking good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/15 03:34 by SDP40F600.

Date: 06/30/15 05:35
Re: Corn and 90MACs on the NS Sandusky District
Author: jmbreitigan

Those are three fine images in some real nice light. My favorite is #2.
John

Date: 06/30/15 07:52
Author: TrainCatcher

Way to work it  - taking advantage of a stopped train with different vantage points/focal lengths in good light.  No train symbol?

FDF

Date: 06/30/15 10:52
Author: SDP40F600

Alas, I did not record the train symbol. I think it was in the 800 series, but I can't say for sure.

Date: 06/30/15 12:57
Author: ns1000

VERY NICE....!! Thanks for posting.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.042 seconds