Home Open Account Help 275 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Rome Haul: MA&N Utica-Rome NY Via CSX Main ("Olive Oil Express")

Date: 07/30/15 09:44
Rome Haul: MA&N Utica-Rome NY Via CSX Main ("Olive Oil Express")
Author: ut-1

Here we have Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern 2453 (Alco,C425) leading an eleven car freight out of MA&N's Utica, NY yard onto the CSX main. The short freight will travel approx a dozen miles on CSX before reaching MA&N rails in Rome where the crew will switch two industries. The Alco smokes it up a bit as it heads out of Utica this morning in a pretty good rainstorm.

I jokingly refer to this train as the "Olive Oil Express" as it contains 10 tank cars for an olive oil distributor.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 07/30/15 10:50
Re: Rome Haul: MA&N Utica-Rome NY Via CSX Main ("Olive Oil Expres
Author: train1275

Nice video !  Love the 251 accelerating out with the smoke.

I think back to how many times this unit painted in EL colors was on the tracks in the foreground coming or going to Binghamton on trains NE74-97

I also have never seen many pictures of the MA&N Alcos storming down the mainline to Rome. Reminds me of when the PC (CR) / B&M pool train ran into Dewitt, there being very few pictures I have ever seen of B&M GP-9's storming down the Mohawk Valley.

Date: 07/30/15 11:30
Author: ns1000

Cool video!!

Date: 07/30/15 11:49
Author: train1275

Are they carloads of fracked olive oil ?

Date: 08/01/15 08:12
Author: 8notch

Nope just Popeye!!!

Date: 08/01/15 20:39
Author: jpf94

Nice video.  Where is the Olive oil distributor?

Joe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/15 20:42 by PGR94.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0448 seconds