Home Open Account Help 358 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Trip to Folkston..AWSOME!!

Date: 03/02/03 12:22
Trip to Folkston..AWSOME!!
Author: catdaddy79

Went to visit family in Kingsland, GA and knew it would turn into the ultimate railfan trip. First time around that part of the country and boy was I impressed!! Folkston was excellent, saw alot of old power and did some nice chasing from Callahan/baldwin/Waycross. Highlight of the trip was Waycross. My mothers husband used to be a dispatcher for CSX down there and got us a tour of the yard.(his father is Charlie Amos too..Mom did good picking him!!) Unfortunately it was at night so no shots...I would have easily used a whole roll at the diesel shop! Three ex-conrail GE\'s with ALL classification lights on, An ex demo EMD SD-70m in the nice silver/maroon and soooo much more!!Special thanks to "Cookie" for the nice welcome at Folkston. I will definitely be returning. Now I\'m back in the ol\'NS country for a while, hunting some color.

Date: 03/02/03 14:39
Re: Trip to Folkston..AWSOME!!
Author: Hamnerwatch

Spent Thursday and Friday of last week at Folkston. This was my second visit and it was better than my first. The trains just never stopped coming and I saw plenty of power variety. Also saw power from CP, UP, NS and the EMD demonstrator. Folkston is truly a great show.

Date: 03/02/03 15:26
Author: mc-130e_mxs

Catdaddy

Contact me off-line

Paul Amos

gulfcoast-railfan@cox.net

Date: 03/02/03 20:35
Author: saludamtn

Gonna be down there myself in a few weeks. Can\'t wait. Anybody else looking at 30 March or so to hit the Funnel?

Date: 03/03/03 05:43
Author: jallgo1

I went there 3times in 2002 and every time was unbelievable!! This is one of my favorite places in the whole world. Just to let everyone know I almost moved to Jax. last yr. for my job but due to the lagging economy it didn\'t work out. I would never get tired of that area!! I\'ll be back.

Date: 03/04/03 03:33
Author: chief01

Since you were in Kingsland, can you advise on the status of the St. Marys Railroad? Is it operating at all? I know the Navy still needs to get shipments by rail to the submarine base.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0757 seconds