Home Open Account Help 245 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > A couple of hours at Newtonville, ON

Date: 03/02/03 11:23
A couple of hours at Newtonville, ON
Author: newtonville150

This morning brought some fresh snow to the Newtonville, Ontario area, but it soon started to melt as the temperature rose to 2 degrees (Celsius) These shots were taken between about 11:30 and 13:30, in the general vicinity of my namesake...MP 150, CP Belleville Sub (a.k.a. Newtonville150.)

I\'m experimenting with a digital point-and-shoot, Kodak DX3900.

...John Reay, Bowmanville, ON

Date: 03/02/03 16:36
Re: A couple of hours at Newtonville, ON
Author: soo6617

Very Nice John!

Date: 03/02/03 21:45
Author: telus6429

Great Shots, Gotta Luv thoes all of thoes trains. Well at least you had a better time than I had tonight down on the Windsor sub tonight. I was out with a friend tonight and we Started off at the Detroit Tunnel and worked our way out to Belleriver Siding on the Windsor Sub, and we went to the CN Chatham sub to see VIA, and we didn\'t catch the VIA because he was really late, and we were at a Tim Hortons getting warmed up. But between all that time we caught no CP at all, until we got back into town and we caught the Expressway power leaving Windsor Yard tonight with AC4400 9647 & SD9043mac 9114 going to Detroit Expressway yard and then we found out why CP was so quiet, it was because there was an Extreme Cold Warning on the mainline and they Lowered the speeds to 35 mph from begin/end CTC London to Begin/end CTC Walkerville, it sucked for us all night long, so we called it a night.

Telus6429
Ian
Windsor,Ontario
http://www.trainweb.org/swontariotrain/index.html

Date: 03/03/03 07:24
Author: duracell

John, what was this train with the 9530 and the 9562?

I spotted the power in Montreal going to pick up their train at Hochelaga at 2 a.m. on Saturday night (technically Sunday morning) and I was wondering which train it was.

I\'m opting for 153...It was too late for 159.

JF

Date: 03/03/03 07:33
Author: telus6429

duracell wrote:

> John, what was this train with the 9530 and the 9562?
>
> I spotted the power in Montreal going to pick up their train
> at Hochelaga at 2 a.m. on Saturday night (technically Sunday
> morning) and I was wondering which train it was.
>
> I\'m opting for 153...It was too late for 159.
>
> JF
>

Well JF, while I was going home I heard 153 call the dispatcher to tell him he was cleared at Begin/End CTC Sign Walkerville at about 23h15m, in Windsor last night while I was waiting for the other problems and stuff like that. From what I heard it was the 9530 arriving.

Telus6429
Ian
Windsor,Ontario
http://www.trainweb.org/swontariotrain.index.html

Date: 03/03/03 07:56
Author: sandpatch1

Thank you for posting the photos,
wish I could get back there, last time was when the BigUns were running
dave j

Date: 03/03/03 14:06
Author: newtonville150

Not sure what train had the 9530. The two CP westbounds had just had a double meet with #138 at Port Hope. I photographed that train as well, but opted not to post it at the time.

Date: 03/03/03 14:59
Author: CP1813

Nice shots! I\'d love to see more photos from this area.

CP1813 in Ottawa

Date: 03/03/03 18:42
Author: dtidave

As always, excellent pics, John!
Although I could\'ve done without seeing those zebras... just like zebra mussels in the Great Lakes, those CN zebras were parasites over here on the Grand Trunk. Now, even the zebras are rare. Most of the ones I see anymore are in DIRE need of a paint job!
I DO like the pics of the new VIA engines! Last time I saw a VIA loco was when the F40PH-2s were powering the International between Chicago and Toronto. I think these are a MAJOR improvement!
Thanks for sharing,
DTIDave

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0557 seconds