Home Open Account Help 209 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Forever Done: NS 261 (Part 2 with video)

Date: 11/19/15 10:40
Forever Done: NS 261 (Part 2 with video)
Author: NS62590

Hi again everyone! As promised, I finished up my photos and video of the final NS 261 on Wednesday through Leetonia, OH. I did some digging - seeing just how often I used to see roadrailers as a kid, and it seems like that's all I used to take pictures of growing up! Little by little they started dwindling as stack / flat car trains picked up even more steam. Welp, now a part of my childhood love of trains (I know I'm not alone in this)  went west for the last time in history. Definitely will miss this aspect of railroading. Here's shots of Wednesday's final 261 roadrailer service train with revenue shipments westbound passing Leetonia Tower then going off into the distance.... into history. That power couldn't have been better either! Ex-Conrail leader and UP ACe trailing! 

Enjoy! 
~Craig Z

1) 261 passing Leetonia Tower for the last time in history. 
2) Off into the distance. 
3) Video
. I wanted to incorporate a little scanner feed in there too since we'll never hear "261" call out radio signals ever again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/15 10:40 by NS62590.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0291 seconds