Home Open Account Help 391 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > RBBB Red in West Virginia -- Part Two

Date: 04/22/16 11:59
RBBB Red in West Virginia -- Part Two
Author: rbx551985

PART TWO of the "RBBB Red in W. Va. comes now:  thanks to photos taken by show personnel (and shared here with permission) from aboard the train this past Tuesday on the old Virginian Railway (NS), here are  more images from that reclusive rail line which is not only rather quiet, but to my knowledge hasn't seen a passenger train, except for RBBB Circus Red and Blue, for eons.  FIRST THREE IMAGES - taken by Red Unit's General Manager, Rob Lange, show the wilderness that is mostly non-accessible by highway, as seen from the MILE LONG Red Unit Circus Train.  In the second image, look closely through the bushes at right and you'll see about 20 passenger cars around the curve to the right.  Red Unit has 39 passenger-type cars, and all the rest are 89-foot piggyback flats except for their new 5-part spine flat.  In all, the train is OVER a mile long.

Date: 04/22/16 12:04
Re: RBBB Red in West Virginia -- Part Two
Author: rbx551985

Last two shots:  Another by Rob Lange, as the train negotiated a VERY high trestle.  The second shot was taken by CORRIN JOSEPHINE McMANUS, who runs the Red Unit's Children's Nursery/Childcare Dept., and describes herself as the "Circus Teacher, Loudmouth."  (There are lots of children on the show of various ages who either of SCHOOL AGE - yes they go to school on RBBB, and their best subject is American Geography [ahem] - or younger.)  The second shot is on the DEEPWATER, W.V. trestle, which reads "VIRGINIAN" (Railway) where it crosses above Boonesboro Rd. on the south side of the Kanawha River.  NOTE THE CSX MOTIVE POWER seen through the trees several cars up from Corrin's vantage point:  this was that weird, mirror-image train-run that complemented the other RBBB train, the Blue Unit, using NS motive power on their own run on CSX the same two days, this past Monday and Tuesday!

Date: 04/23/16 06:17
Re: RBBB Red in West Virginia -- Part Two
Author: bluesboyst

Really nice....I like those pinkish bushes in bloom....Virginia in the spring....Reminds me of riding the Cardinal...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0377 seconds