Home Open Account Help 277 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Question about EMD London

Date: 06/12/03 15:40
Question about EMD London
Author: telus6429

I drove past EMD London on Tuesday and notice a bunch of new SD70m and 1 was being pulled out of the main factory line and pushed back across Oxford Street. The numbers were 212 to 218 sprayed on the sides, and the were in primer, grey doors, and yellow boxes under the cab. Can anyone tell me whats going on with these units.

Telus6429
Ian
Windsor,Ontario
http://www.trainweb.org/swontariotrain/index.html

Date: 06/13/03 06:52
Re: Question about EMD London
Author: DE30AC

The question is which railroad has ordered SD70m\'s in the 200 number series. Norfolk Southern has been known to accept units in primer, so check their roster first.

Date: 06/13/03 10:05
Author: telus6429

DE30AC wrote:

> The question is which railroad has ordered SD70m\'s in the 200
> number series. Norfolk Southern has been known to accept units
> in primer, so check their roster first.
>
I got an email from another person, on another group about this, and its the UP order. From what it sounds like the 212-218 are the number of units that have been built in the latest order from EMD.

Telus6429
Ian
Windsor,Ontario
http://www.trainweb.org/swontariotrain/index.html

Date: 06/13/03 11:09
Author: betsy

It may well be that the numbers actually don\'t have anything to do with the road numbers that will be assigned to the units once they are painted. Sometimes it\'s possible to note such numbers hastily sprayed on to make it easier to keep track of which unit is which during the construction process. There is no requirement that they be identifiable by the railroad assigned numbers until they leave the property.

Date: 06/13/03 12:19
Author: johnny468

may also be part of the CSX order. hasn\'t uncle pete recieved all there SD70M\'s?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0341 seconds