Home Open Account Help 339 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > [NJ] A backup of 66z oil trains?

Date: 05/25/16 15:30
[NJ] A backup of 66z oil trains?
Author: Lackawanna484

I noticed the Monongahela unit (NS 8025) was a trailing unit on a 66z (Bakken to Phillips 66 in Linden NJ) yesterday. Last given location was Altoona PA.  Now, the NS lifesaver unit 99252) is in the picture with another 66z in Leetonia (near Conway) PA.

I haven't heard the first train clear for the Port Reading Secondary or the Garden State Secondary.  Is it still out west, holding for space at Linden?  Thanks!

Date: 05/25/16 18:12
Re: [NJ] A backup of 66z oil trains?
Author: VinnieM

NS 8025 came in on 66Z yesterday afternoon Paul. It looked like it was still being unloaded @ 11:00 am today. 

Date: 05/25/16 18:15
Author: PennRailVideos

Went back west Through Bound Brook tonight leading 67Z at 836pm.

Date: 05/25/16 18:46
Author: Lackawanna484

Thanks to each of you for the updates.  That's what I get for not paying attention!

Date: 05/25/16 19:12
Author: dschlegel

PennRailVideos Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Went back west Through Bound Brook tonight leading
> 67Z at 836pm.

It's interesting that no one reported it eastbound past Altoona two days ago on HU, or westbound tonight.

I have been wondering if the addition of all of the OLS units and other non-heritage painted locomotives has made folks lose interest in reporting sightings to that site, or if folks have simply lost interest in seeing the true heritage painted locomotives.

Dan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 05/25/16 19:36
Author: dschlegel

PennRailVideos Wrote:
> Went back west Through Bound Brook tonight leading
> 67Z at 836pm.

Just rolled west through Topton, PA at 22:33.
Dan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 05/25/16 20:02
Author: EMD5555

It has made me lose interest for that very reason. Too many OLS, Amtrak, CSX , etc. Waiting to see reporting of burned marks on GE C44-9W toasters to clutter the list.

Date: 05/25/16 21:31
Author: darkcloud

dschlegel Wrote:
> It's interesting that no one reported it eastbound
> past Altoona two days ago on HU, or westbound
> tonight.
>
> I have been wondering if the addition of all of
> the OLS units and other non-heritage painted
> locomotives has made folks lose interest in
> reporting sightings to that site, or if folks have
> simply lost interest in seeing the true heritage
> painted locomotives.

That site has become polluted, 90% of the reports are non-heritage stuff that only interests a few OCD kooks, or the weird out of date roster lists of things that have passed a location in the last few weeks.  Who really cares if a unit has a tiny "Spirit of Your Mom" written somewhere on it and nothing else different about its paint scheme?  How many Operation Rivet Counter units are running around now?  And anytime you erase cookies you have to click off annoying messages because some idiot couldn't figure out how to navigate a website.  "OK, got it."

That website became a joke, not going to waste time wading through all the garbage.  

Hint to whoever supposedly manages the website:  How about return it to what it claims to be, you know, just heritage units?  Then set up a sister site for all the other stuff.  ILikeTurtlesUnits.com is available....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/16 21:48 by darkcloud.

Date: 05/26/16 06:15
Author: RDG630

I second that, stay with just true heritage units.

Date: 05/26/16 10:20
Author: bigjim4life

I don't give a crap about the "Bar Code Unit" or the OLS units - there's a few dozen (at least) OLS units.  The "Bar Code Unit" is kinda funky, sure - but do we have to track it?  Congrats, you saw the "Spirit of Dante" with a tiny logo on it.  Otherwise, it looks exactly the same as a ton of other CSX units.  Ugh!

Jim Lipnitz
Morrisville, PA
Big Jim Video Productions

Date: 05/26/16 10:39
Author: algoma11

You gotta cut down on the coffee there Jim!
After hordes of GE's on stack trains at Berea any little difference is good!

66Z Berea May 22, 2016

Mike Bannon
St Catharines, ON

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0738 seconds