Home Open Account Help 270 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > rail line by rogers flea market in youngstown ohio question

Date: 06/25/16 00:19
rail line by rogers flea market in youngstown ohio question
Author: conductor924

anyone know if thats a main line rail line by rogers flea market in youngstown ohio ? thanks Tom

Date: 06/25/16 00:31
Re: rail line by rogers flea market in youngstown ohio question
Author: CR6079

That is the Youngstown and Southeastern a shortline that runs between Negley,Oh and an Interchange with the NS at Hazelton yard in Youngstown also a short distance they use part of the old P&LE Gateway yard to interchange with CSX. The line is good for top speed of 10 mph.

Posted from iPhone

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/16 06:30 by CR6079.

Date: 06/25/16 02:57
Author: MP_RD65

The end of the line is actually in Darlington,Pa. Negley is in Ohio and is where the Youngstown & Southern had their shops which as far as I know some buildings are still standing. I don't know what if anything the Youngstown & Southeastern uses them for but I think they may have some engines there. The road power is kept in North Lima,OH and I do believe the crews start their day there as well.

Posted from Android

Date: 06/25/16 05:11
Author: Y-SFan

The shop buildings are still there and are still used by the railroad for maintenance. There is a few locos stored down there but it has grown up quit a bit and can't be seen very well from the road.

Also some of the power is stored just north of the sale at Signal. There is some cars stored there and they have been loading gons and unloading sand at the old wye. This is also grown up and gated.

Posted from Android

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/16 05:19 by Y-SFan.

Date: 06/25/16 13:05
Author: conductor924

thanks for the help  info and replies , Tom

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0371 seconds