Home Open Account Help 318 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Hot enough?

Date: 07/23/16 13:09
Hot enough?
Author: khenke

Hi everyone. Temps up to 97 degrees at my house, hopefully the first two images cool you off a bit. It worked for me.  First two images taken at 18th street Camp Hill, the morning after the record snowfall this past season.  Final image of the Rockville bridge was taken last evening while fishing, great spot with plenty of trains and fish.  Have a good weekend, stay cool out there.  Amazing how time flies, seems like just last night i was shoveling 31'' of snow off the roof of the house!

Kyle

Date: 07/23/16 13:21
Re: Hot enough?
Author: RS11

Love it!  This upcoming winter will be my first winter back in Maine since 1995.  I hope we get buried.  Last winter out in Washington state we didn't get any snow where I was and I watched golfers on the first fairway out my window all winter while in the background there was five to ten feet of snow up on the Olympic Mountains.  Thanks for the cool down.

Date: 07/23/16 13:33
Author: callum_out

Yah it's been warm in the Midwest and most years with warm Summers seem to have the opposite Winters!

Out

Date: 07/23/16 21:32
Author: wa4umr

Wow, that must have been a real storm, those first few pictures.  You didn't show how close you were to the shoreline.  That sure us a lot of white sand that was deposited there.

That's what I tell people when they complain about a snow.  Just imagine you're looking out the window and that's a white sandy beach.  Now, doesn't that make it all seem better?

John

Date: 07/24/16 07:49
Author: ns2557

wa4umr Wrote:
.  You didn't show how close you were
> to the shoreline.  That sure us a lot of white
> sand that was deposited there.

What's interesting to know about the Susquehanna Rvr in this area is that one could/can pretty much walk across the river in many spots. I have done so quite a few times many years ago. Yeah, there are some "deep" spots but, it usually only runs abt 2-3 ft deep alot of places. I just don't think I would venture to far out in it with my camera tho.  Thanks for sharing.  Ben

Date: 07/24/16 13:20
Author: khenke

Yep, very little depth, like you said 2-4 foot in that section at most. I like wading around this time of year, feels good and I can get to tight spots in those rock gardens, plus its a great spot to take pictures of the bridge and wildlife, as I've been seeing lots of bald eagles lately. There is a rock shelf below the Rockville bridge maybe a quarter of a mile from the Bridgeview bed and breakfast, and with the bridge, river, rock shelf and mountain gap, to the north, all my friends come to the same conclusion - it's the prettiest spot on the river, especially when the sun sets.  Now if I only had a better camera and some photo skills to shoot the bridge from down there, the sunsets are amazing!

Kyle

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0566 seconds