Home Open Account Help 353 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Red Unit consist questions

Date: 03/21/17 08:56
Red Unit consist questions
Author: dbrcnw

I realize the locomotives will often stay with the train when it is handed off from one company to another. With that in mind, I wonder where the CSXT engines pulling it through Ohio were put on the train?

I also understand for some time the lions and tigers have traveled by highway and of course the elephants have been retired but is other livestock also moving by highway? I only saw one animal car on the train, there may have been more but I looked through the photos multiple times.

Thanks.

DaleR

Date: 03/21/17 09:21
Re: Red Unit consist questions
Author: ns7500

They have been with the train since it left Florida

Posted from Android

Date: 03/21/17 09:40
Author: scraphauler

Current power was put on train March 6 in Atlanta.  That set of power came into Atanta on Q144 on Feb 27.  Made a turn to Cartersville on local A703, then round trip to Birmingham on Q679/678, rutring on 3/6 where they where put on P926.  Train went over to IORY in Cincinnati on 3/8 - IORY kept the power and used it as there own the two weeks the train was in town, then put it backon circus train yesterday and gave to NS. 

Date: 03/21/17 10:03
Author: ns7500

That power is no longer on 099 also it was swapped out in Roanoke the new leader is NS 3609

Posted from Android

Date: 03/21/17 10:14
Author: dbrcnw

Thanks for the replies I realize it was not the main story, that being the "final run" but did find it of interest.

DaleR

Date: 03/21/17 11:15
Author: Tominde

How about a 765 or 611 for the final run.   At a bare minimum so good looking clean units.  They will only be photographed about a zillion times.

Date: 03/21/17 19:44
Author: lapklub

Now that would bring a few people out.
Mike

Date: 03/22/17 11:18
Author: rbx551985

Tominde Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How about a 765 or 611 for the final run.   At a
> bare minimum so good looking clean units.  They
> will only be photographed about a zillion times.

That was already discussed -- and WITH the J-611 people.  They did say it would be fun, but it has been determined that the 611's excursion scheduule is too close to the Ringling moves to be practical.  Same with previous discussions (in past years) with the 765's people.  At least the Blue Unit got to roll behind UP's Challenger 3985 back in 2010.....

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0385 seconds