Home Open Account Help 267 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Reading PA Help Request

Date: 04/25/17 09:14
Reading PA Help Request
Author: erielackawanna

I have a work meeting in Reading PA Thursday of next week and will have either my morning or my late afternoon free (I can adjust my schedule based on when would be best to railfan).

I'd really like to try and catch the Reading & Northern if possible.

Any local intel on when they run into Reading and the best spots to shoot them?

Is it possible to pick off roster shots of them parked anywhere?

Also, not knowing the Reading area at all, any other suggested railfanning I should do (literally in thirty minutes or less, not looking to drive too far).

Thank you in advance for your help!

Charles

Date: 04/25/17 09:36
Re: Reading PA Help Request
Author: lne655

20 miles north on Rt 61 is Port Clinton, their HQ. You can drive in and sign in to walk about the facility and see many things.

Date: 04/25/17 11:40
Author: dschlegel

Charles,

If you satisfy your RN desire early in the day, head over to the Dosie Dough bakery on penn Ave in Wyomissing. Grab a baked goodie and a cup of coffee then sit in the parking lot and enjoy the action at Wyomissing Junction.
Dan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 04/25/17 15:03
Author: beertrain

Just about every morning the R&N goes into Reading Yard. I'm not sure what time they head in, but they are usually departing around 8am.

Date: 04/25/17 17:15
Author: Lackawanna484

I've seen them on the lead by Temple station (north side of Reading, off PA 61) in mid morning on occasion.

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0367 seconds