Home Open Account Help 336 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CSX From Vantuono

Date: 07/24/17 08:09
CSX From Vantuono
Author: drsilverstreak

Been lots posted, but this is something that deserves to be looked at:

http://www.railwayage.com/index.php/blogs/william-vantuono/whats-going-on-at-csx.html?channel=00

Date: 07/24/17 12:12
Re: CSX From Vantuono
Author: twropr

Regarding the Hoffmans-Chicago single track proposal, I think a partial remedy is for NY residents to contact Sen. Schumer, pass the article on to him, and point out that:
a The former Water Level Route Hoffmans-Buffalo handles 8 daily Amtrak trains along with 30-40 (50 in oil train days) freights. Single tracking not only would make Amtrak service even slower (running times were increased by 30 min or more by CSX in about 2004) and kill any possibility for 90 MPH passenger service (a few years ago CSX was agreeable to speeds up to 90 on their right-of-way) but also impede the flow of oil whenever petroleum markets change and bring about the return of oil trains
b The large warehouse in Rotterdam/Schenectady that receives produce from the west would experience longer transit times, which could threaten the return of this business to truck. I believe train Q090 is a dedicated train for this customer. If state money contributed to the building of the produce facility, there might be additional leverage.
Just my two cents!
Andy
Jacksonville, FL

Date: 07/24/17 19:01
Author: cutboy2

Can't  let  Hunter  do this!!

Date: 07/25/17 06:37
Author: JLinDE

I'm surprised EHH has not combined Q090 with other UP Chicago freight. How often does it run and how many cars? He combined the Tropicana reefer train with the philly container train resulting in longer service. But the Trop train probably averaged only 35 cars 5 days per week.

Date: 07/25/17 11:35
Author: toledopatch

JLinDE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm surprised EHH has not combined Q090 with other
> UP Chicago freight. How often does it run and how
> many cars? He combined the Tropicana reefer train
> with the philly container train resulting in
> longer service. But the Trop train probably
> averaged only 35 cars 5 days per week.

Q090 often does handle other Chicago freight already.

Date: 07/25/17 12:53
Author: Lackawanna484

I don't know if it's still the case, but the Conrail and CSX intermodals out of North Bergen and South Kearny NJ to Chicago ran with hard closes at the gate and pretty consistent start times. It seemed to me there was an urgency (maybe incentive payments) to get the goods over the railroad.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.048 seconds