Home Open Account Help 392 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Murphy's Law - waiting for a train and get two at the same time..

Date: 08/16/17 19:42
Murphy's Law - waiting for a train and get two at the same time..
Author: OCtrainguy

On August 5th, a friend of mine joined me for a morning of railfanning in Piscataway, NJ along the Shared Assets Lehigh Line. It had been a while since either of us had been trackside there, so we were looking forward to it. The morning was rather so-so as we saw six trains in about 4 1/2 hours. CSX is usually light in the mornings on the Shared Assets Lehigh Line, but even NS had an issue. It seems after 21M went through CP Sully (Hillsborough), a tree got knocked down. The tree was large enough to hold both the 20W and 20E from coming east.

Fast forward to shortly after noon. The Murphy's Law came in where we waited over an hour for a train to pass after the NS 211 went west. Both the 20W and 20E would be coming east, with the 20W first. Meanwhile, CSX Q410 came up the Trenton line and at the same time as the 20W was coming east off the NS Lehigh Line. The Q410 was powered by 3236, 5436 & 4011. The double-tracking of the Shared Assets Lehigh Line paid off for the dispatcher and crews. For us railfans in Piscataway, it meant the Q410 held it's slight lead over the 20W. I'm sure many (if not all of us) have had similar experiences over the years.

Attached is the video of the Q410 and the 20W. Once you see an empty, blue centerbeam on the Q410, you get a quick glimpse of the trailing engine on the 20W. It was still good to get trackside that morning. Hope you enjoy the video!

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 08/16/17 21:26
Re: Murphy's Law - waiting for a train and get two at the same ti
Author: SCKP187

Cool. Still, that is pretty impressive to see the both of them running along side-by-side
Brian Stevens

Date: 08/16/17 21:33
Author: wa4umr

Oh well, you got two trains and only used half of the memory you would have used if you caught them separately. Plenty of memory in your camera for the next train.

Happens to all of us from time to time.

John

Date: 08/17/17 04:26
Author: Pattenburg

OC - neat video!

Date: 08/17/17 06:23
Author: RayH

OCtrainguy Wrote:
. I'm sure many (if not all of
> us) have had similar experiences over the years.

Yeah, the most famous was on May 28th, as a slow moving 29G on the close track blocked my shot of N&W 611 in Wabun VA. Fans all along the route got skunked until Shawsville(unless you were on the other side)...

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0401 seconds