Home Open Account Help 224 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > A few recent photos (including DRGW leading NS 214)

Date: 12/13/17 21:19
A few recent photos (including DRGW leading NS 214)
Author: jdrtrainwatcher

This past Saturday, December 9th, central NC was treated to some early season snowfall. The snow fell hard in my area for hours and hours, but temps in the upper 30s led to no accumulation. I was able to make a quick dash out to the tracks to shoot 2 trains in the snowfall.

Also, this morning's(Wednesday 12/13) NS 214 featured UP's DRGW heritage SD70ACe #1989 leading. The train ran before sunrise at 6am, but I didn't mind that at all, as it gave me a reason to happily break out my flashes.

Here are my photos...

#1: NS 213 in downtown Kannapolis, NC

#2: NS P99 at North Kannapolis.

#3: NS 214 with the DRGW leading in downtown Landis, NC

Thanks for looking!

Date: 12/13/17 21:53
Re: A few recent photos (including DRGW leading NS 214)
Author: SouthWestRailCams

Nice Catch!

SouthWest RailCams
CA, NM, CO, TX, AZ
https://SouthWestRailCams.com

Date: 12/13/17 23:24
Author: train544

Hi
Very nice quality night view of the UP1989 and scene
Tom Boylan

Date: 12/14/17 05:04
Author: ns1000

Very nice..!!

Date: 12/14/17 07:44
Author: santafe199

Nice job with the heritage unit! And I like the snow shots as well. I think it always take a little extra effort to get out in adverse weather. I passed through Kannapolis last spring on my 25-day eastern odyssey. I didn't get any trains, but I found a nice shot underneath the cantilever signal a block or so south of the passenger depot on Main St...

Lance/199

Date: 12/14/17 08:13
Author: j-miller

Nice shot of the UP 1989!

John Miller
Conestoga, PA

Date: 12/14/17 09:31
Author: mrbill11

The DRGW shot is great. What did you use for lighting on that shot?

Date: 12/14/17 12:29

Thanks, Kannapolis is definitely a nice town to sit in, with different photo opportunities.

Posted from Android

Date: 12/14/17 12:31

I use 6 Yongnuo speedlights. These are about the most basic and cheapest ones you can get. The brand of speedlight really wouldn't make much of a difference, as long as you can spread out your lights properly for a scene.

Posted from Android

Date: 12/14/17 16:59
Author: sparky52t

Cool! I’m guessing all six flashes were in front of the flower bed? No flashes were on the camera?

Date: 12/14/17 18:23
Author: srman

Sweet shot of the Rio Grande unit!

Date: 12/14/17 20:19

All of the flashes have their own stands.
2 of them are on each side of the tree that you can see at the back of the photo, 2 of them are on each side of the flower bed to light up the sides of the locomotives as well as the clock tower, 1 is almost directly beside where I'm standing at, used to light up the foreground and more of the locomotive. The last one is to my right closer to the tracks used to light up the nose of the locomotive. I do not have a flash on my camera, but I do have a transmitter snapped onto my camera hot shoe that is used to make all of the flashes fire in sync.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0419 seconds