Home Open Account Help 333 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS Holiday Train Decatur IL

Date: 12/16/17 21:38
NS Holiday Train Decatur IL
Author: Q4960

On Saturday December 16 I found myself with friends in the Decatur, IL area with the purpose of photographing Norfolk Southern's annual Holiday Train as it made 5 trips from Decatur, IL to Illiopolis, a distance of 15 miles one way. The Wabash F, CN FA and cars were furnished by the Monticello Railroad Museum. NS provided the SD40 on the other end of the train for the return to Decatur. First photo is of the train passing through Harristown. Note the fellow in the red suit along with his elf waving at passengers. Next is the 3336 pulling the train back to Decatur, passing by a signal located between Niantic and Harristown. 3rd is the train making a departure, crossing the diamond at WABIC.

More...

Date: 12/16/17 21:42
Re: NS Holiday Train Decatur IL

One challenge was to capture images different from what I had in the past. The three photos were taken in Decatur, the last as the final train of the day unloads before going back into the yards.

More...

Date: 12/16/17 21:46

I purchased my Canon 70D because of its low light capabilities. As the train approached after its last run, to be put away for the night I set the ISO on 12800, the shutter at F60 and hoped for the best. I clicked off several photos through an open gate, standing on a public street. These are the results.

Roger Holmes

Date: 12/16/17 22:51
Author: train544

Hi
Some very fine photos of the train and units
Good job
Tom Boylan

Date: 12/17/17 09:56
Author: krm152

Your photos were all interesting and excellent.
Thanks for posting them.
ALLEN

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0432 seconds