Home Open Account Help 347 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Semi Silent Steamtown

Date: 01/11/18 09:32
Semi Silent Steamtown
Author: m1bprr

Cabin fever, headed over to Steamtown to shoot trains, not much happening, looks like 663 still adorned in her Christmas garb moving Booton cars in primer paint around, meanwhile the DL LL1 passed through, and the RDG stands silent.
Ed K. cp Laurel Run

Date: 01/11/18 09:33
Re: Semi Silent Steamtown

The silent RDG.
Ed K.

Date: 01/11/18 10:34
Author: GoodTimeCharlie

I suppose I could do some research ... but does anyone know off the top of their heads when the Reading F units last ran (and what shape they are in ?) ?

Date: 01/11/18 10:47

GoodTimeCharlie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I suppose I could do some research ... but does
> anyone know off the top of their heads when the
> Reading F units last ran (and what shape they are
> in ?) ?

Caught them at Moscow June 2010 on a test run, not sure if this was the only time they ran.
Ed K. cp Laurel Run

Date: 01/11/18 12:36
Author: RDG485

We (representatives from the RCT&HS and Philly Chapter of the NRHS, the two owners) are looking for ways to get the two RDG F-units running again, even if it's just around the Steamtown property. The major issue at the moment is the wheels, and there are numerous other minor repairs, some of which will be required. We are looking for less costly wheel replacement options, e.g., swapping serviceable wheels with the 900 currently in Hamburg. As is usually the case, funding is the major obstacle.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0354 seconds