Home Open Account Help 332 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Piqua Crossing, in the past three years and today

Date: 05/11/18 19:07
Piqua Crossing, in the past three years and today
Author: tq-07fan

I missed Piqua Crossing when it was really cool. Piqua Crossing is where the Pennsylvania Railroad double track freight mainline between Columbus and Bradford Ohio, splitting there to continue on toward Chicago and St Louis crossed the Baltimore and Ohio Toledo Sub. Conrail abandoned the Columbus to Chicago Mainline in the mid 1980's. A B & O cantilever signal remained here into the 1990's to be replaced by the B & O mast with the dwarf underneath it. That configuration remained unchanged for almost twenty years until 2016 when the pedestals of doom sprouted. Actually though I like the way the new signals look here. Edit: I forgot to add this on the east side of Piqua Ohio.
1) March 30 2016, this was as far away as I had been from home in the Cincinnati area by that point in the year.
2) March 05 2017, on the way back from the Greenville Train Show we found this had happened.
3) Today, May 11 2018. My dad and I went for a look at Greenville Ohio and decided to stop and eat along the tracks and got this.

Thank You for looking!

Jim

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/18 17:33 by tq-07fan.

Date: 05/12/18 07:45
Re: Piqua Junction, in the past three years and today
Author: exopr

Thanks for sharing. The name of this place was actually Piqua Crossing.

Date: 05/12/18 17:35
Re: Piqua Crossing, in the past three years and today
Author: tq-07fan

I thought about that and wondered if I had it wrong, then forgot to look it up before I went to work this morning. Corrected. Thank you

Jim

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0364 seconds