Home Open Account Help 369 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Question about North Findlay, OH

Date: 02/05/19 04:26
Question about North Findlay, OH
Author: gborgwald

Does anyone know when the tower (I believe the designation was S Tower) at the diamond at North Findlay, OH was closed, then razed?

Same question for the station that was there.

Thank you.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 02/05/19 12:41
Re: Question about North Findlay, OH
Author: halfmoonharold

The tower was razed in Jan. 1977. There is a picture of it on Flickr. The station lasted longer, but I don't know the date. Someone local will probably know.

Date: 02/06/19 07:26
Author: CCDeWeese

Is this the location also known as Mortimer?  And did trains from and to Chicago operate on both lines?  I lived in Findlay 1947 - 1951 and my aunt who lived in Chicago and did not drive used both lines, I think to visit us.  What were the two lines at that time, say 1950?

Date: 02/06/19 08:36
Author: CGTower

Yes, this is Mortimer. The east/west line was NKP and the north/south line was NYC, which ran to Toledo.

CG Tower

CCDeWeese Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is this the location also known as Mortimer?  And
> did trains from and to Chicago operate on both
> lines?  I lived in Findlay 1947 - 1951 and my
> aunt who lived in Chicago and did not drive used
> both lines, I think to visit us.  What were the
> two lines at that time, say 1950?

Date: 02/06/19 08:45
Author: junctiontower

Yes, North Findlay is also known as Mortimer.  The east-west line is the Nickel Plate Buffalo to Chicago main, and the north south route was the NYC Toledo to Columbus.  I'm sure it wouldn't have been that difficult to take the NYC to Toledo and catch a train on the Water level route to Chicago, maybe easier than the passenger sparse NKP.

Date: 02/06/19 19:21
Author: exopr

The tower was closed in the early 60s.   

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1184 seconds