Home Open Account Help 367 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Opinion question

Date: 04/14/19 10:34
Opinion question
Author: mully

What is everyone’s thought on the best photographic locations on the eastern board coverage area?

Gary

Posted from iPhone

Date: 04/14/19 12:21
Re: Opinion question
Author: dschlegel

Tough question, there’s so many great areas.
Personal favorites are:
1) NS Reading Line, lots of rolling farm fields and neat little towns split in two by the railroad
2) NS Pittsburgh Line, tons of great locations between Harrisburg and Pittsburgh
3) CSX ex B&O in Maryland and West Virginia

Dan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 04/14/19 12:56
Author: bath_wildcat

Anywhere on the NS Chicago Line
Deshler, Ohio
Fostoria, Ohio

Michael Fair
Royal Oak, MI

Date: 04/14/19 14:54
Author: P

Anywhere you can find a train in West Virginia.

Posted from Android

Date: 04/14/19 17:41
Author: reel_smooth

While I haven't been to any of these places [yet], from what I've see from pictures, CSX's Sandpatch grade, especially in the fall.

Date: 04/14/19 18:23
Author: tq-07fan

I don't know? I think many places are just great in their own very special way. I have been hanging out within ten miles of the house and having a blast this year, it's something I had overlooked and I am still finding more places, if only a block or two away from each other. I guess it depends on what you like in your pictures, signals, nature scenes, cityscapes, bridges, railway scenes, signals. That said I love my home state of Ohio, lots of variety here for photo backdrops. Indiana and Kentucky provide lots of variety as well. I totally agree with P, it would be a challenge to screw up a pictures in West Virginia. Pennsylvania if course fits that bill as well. Of course I guess what I am saying is, I'm not too picky, I like just about anything.

Jim

Date: 04/14/19 19:31
Author: RuleG

There are many great places throughout the east in cities and out in the country.  Here are a few I'll mention:

NS's ex-Erie Line through Southern Tier of New York, particularly at the Portageville Bridge in Letchworth State Park
NS's ex-PRR Buffalo Line through North Central and Northwestern Pennsylvania
Harrisburg, PA
NS Fort Wayne Line though West Park in Pittsburgh's North Side.

Date: 04/15/19 13:04
Author: dan7366

It depends on your definition of "photographic".  It could mean "scenic", or "some place where I can hang out and not be bothered by cops or meth heads while getting a good number of trains".

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0322 seconds