Home Open Account Help 361 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Florida East Coast Between Jacksonville and Miami

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

Date: 05/19/19 07:16
Florida East Coast Between Jacksonville and Miami
Author: Ohiorailfan

I spent the better part of the week on the FEC. I started around St. Augustine and moved my way down to Miami before heading back towards Stuart. When down in Miami we caught the Port Job with a solo SD40-2 leader. Locations include: St. Augustine, Sunbeam(south end of Bowden), Bunnell, Roseland, Palm Bay, Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Stuart and Ft. Pierce. Enjoy!

Monday started with the 905 running early through St. Augustine with the 422 leading. Shortly after the 905 the 226 came north behind the usual pair of GE's. We paced it along route 1 as we headed north towards Jacksonville.

Date: 05/19/19 07:18
Re: Florida East Coast Between Jacksonville and Miami

At Bowden we find a solo Geep in the yard. The 101 is staged at the south end waiting for a crew. We would photograpgh it at the signals at Sunbeam and just south of Bunnell

Date: 05/19/19 07:20

Finishing off Monday we caught a late 107 passing through St. Augustine as the shadows slowly crept in

Tuesday started with a small chase of the 905 local with the 422 leading again. It would end up meeting the 226 at South Magnolia

Date: 05/19/19 07:22

a few more of the 905

Date: 05/19/19 07:24

Up next was the extra 228 with a solo GE leading. Shortly after it came the 210 as it rounds the curve into St. Augustine

Date: 05/19/19 07:27

The 905 accelerates out of town as it heads to New Smyrna Beach. Later on the 101 heads south through St. Agustine. We then head down to Roseland and catch the 101 heading over the massive bridge that spans over the Saint Sebastian River. Later on we finished our day with the 202 passing over a small trestle near a boat dock in Palm Bay

Date: 05/19/19 07:28

Date: 05/19/19 07:30

On Wednesday we spent most of the day around Miami with most of our time around Iris Junction. The first FEC train to come by was the 101. Shortly after that we found the Downtown Job working in an industry near Iris

Date: 05/19/19 07:32

The next FEC train was the 202 shortly followed by the 109 with the usual pair of GE's. The train of the day and arguably of the trip was the Port Job(PM1) with FEC SD40-2 #720 leading solo

Date: 05/19/19 07:34

My advice for anyone wanting to chase the Port Job is to park past the crossing right before the bridge leading to the Port. The bridge will be yours, making for wonderful views of the train as it passes over the bay with downtown Miami in the background.

Date: 05/19/19 07:35

various views as the train creeps over the bridge

Date: 05/19/19 07:36

2 more of the Port Job

FEC 441 rest at Ft. Lauderdale

Date: 05/19/19 07:37

Brightline heads north past a parked Geep at Ft. Lauderdale

We intercepted the 101 as it heads through Jupiter with the 425 trailing

Date: 05/19/19 07:39

Thursday morning we started at Stuart before heading to Ft. Pierce to see the US Sugar turn. The local never showed, but 109 came by around 930am. In Ft. Pierce we found the 511 working a local off the K branch

Date: 05/19/19 07:52
Author: cockaboose

Wow!!! Very nice pics!!! I want soooo bad to go work for FEC. I just hate giving up 22 years of seniority, especially when I could work out of Miami or Jacksonville with my railroad. They're just not in FEC's league though.

Date: 05/19/19 07:52
Author: Jimmies

Great series.  Thanks for posting.

Jim

Date: 05/19/19 08:41
Author: RailThunder

Thanks for sharing!  It's nice to see the whole corridor in action in different places.  Can we turn the clock back to prior to 1960 with mostly double track and very fast crack streamliners?  

Date: 05/19/19 08:45
Author: Lackawanna484

Great series. You nailed the multiple color schemes in use. Esp the GP40 and GP38 variations.

Posted from Android

Date: 05/19/19 11:58
Author: SOU3921

Great stuff, thanks for sharing!
Cooper

Date: 05/19/19 14:06
Author: cockaboose

RailThunder Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for sharing!  It's nice to see the whole
> corridor in action in different places.  Can we
> turn the clock back to prior to 1960 with mostly
> double track and very fast crack streamliners?  

Was the FEC mostly all double track at one time? If so, how much of it still is? I know they run a lot less trains now then a few years ago, but also have Brightline running on some of their trackage now. Where exactly does Brightline run to and from? I don't think they go all the way between Jacksonville and Miami do they?

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0701 seconds