Home Open Account Help 301 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS 37T at Parryville, PA

Date: 08/31/19 05:57
NS 37T at Parryville, PA
Author: OCtrainguy

Still playing catch up with photos from July.  Several days ago, I posted photos of the R&N 425 in the Lehigh Gorge pulling an excursion train on July 6th.  Despite the morning storm and downpour, my son and I enjoyed or day.  As we were heading home from Jim Thorpe via Routes 248 and 145, we spotted NS 37T making its way north (east).  We turned around and headed up to Parryville to catch the train.  And I am glad we did.  The engines were typically NS widecabs, but there was some really neat rolling stock, including a long cut of MOW hoppers.  Here are some photos and a video of the 37T from the crossing for an access point of the D&L trail.  This is also where the Pohopoco Creek and Lehigh River meet. 

1.  The train in the Lehigh River valley
2.  Closer look at the train
3.  A long cut of MOW hoppers.  There were also a lot of ties alongside the track.

A few more to follow. 

Date: 08/31/19 06:09
Re: NS 37T at Parryville, PA
Author: OCtrainguy

Continuing the photos of the Allentown, PA to Bingamton, NY train...

4.  A good size cut of JB Hunt intermodal cars
5.  An older CP Rail boxca.  In my sightings of the 37/36T this year, which aren't a lot, I have seen this type of boxcar on it.

And last, but not least, is the video of the 37T.

It was a real nice way to end the day.  My son and I were glad we turned around and saw the train.  Hope you enjoy the photos and video!  

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0327 seconds