Home Open Account Help 373 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS EMD #1800 SD70ACC Leads NS 223 South Into Austell

Date: 09/17/19 05:00
NS EMD #1800 SD70ACC Leads NS 223 South Into Austell
Author: NSSpike

This past Saturday NS #1800 lead NS 223 (KANSAS CITY MO / ATLANTA, GA) south on the North Atlanta District of the NS Georgia Division. I set up at the south bound H-Line Austell signals at the crossover #1main to the run-around track. Turns out 223 had to set out at Whitaker Yard in Austell and entered the yard from the north end. Out of the yard they continued south at a slow speed on the run-around track. When their rear cleared CP England they made a series of reverse moves setting out cuts of cars in the yard. NS 223 had to be well over 8,000ft long and they spent a good hour and more working the yard this day.

The attached video covers the initial south bound move and the final reverse shove back north into Whitaker Yard on the run-around track as those were the only two times the power rolled past my location. I didn't stick around for the run to Inman as it was time for me to head home to watch another BRAVES game!!!  

#1. NS #1800 south bound on the run-around track Austell Georgia.

Phil Maton
Villa Rica, GA

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 09/17/19 19:17
Re: NS EMD #1800 SD70ACC Leads NS 223 South Into Austell
Author: pbouzide

I was hoping to see more of the train (not a complaint at all, your images and reportage out of Georgia is always top notch Phil). Because I'd have liked to get a sense of the international v. 53' volume on that 223 train.

Date: 09/18/19 03:32
Author: NSSpike

pbouzide Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was hoping to see more of the train (not a
> complaint at all, your images and reportage out of
> Georgia is always top notch Phil). Because I'd
> have liked to get a sense of the international v.
> 53' volume on that 223 train.

pbouzide, Yeah I understand. I was mainly after the NS #1800... I honestly almost didn't even post this video were it not for the few "shut-ins" on the site
that can't get out trackside like most of the members. I forgot that 223 works Whitaker Yard. I should have went farther north if I was going to video this one!!!
I'll keep your request in mind on the 53' Vs international.  
Thanks for the reply

Phil Maton
Villa Rica, GA

Date: 09/18/19 16:37
Author: RayH

If you want to see a long stack train, go to the you tube site and look upNS 1073 leads a Montrous 238 thru Hopkins
That was a 15,000 double stack on the SC line recently.

Nice work Phil. Too bad it couldn't be this coming Saturday...

Date: 09/19/19 10:27
Author: texchief1

What is an SD70ACC?  Is it a rebult SD70ACe?

Thanks.  NIce shot.

Randy Lundgren
Elgin, TX

Date: 09/19/19 11:15
Author: NSDash9

texchief1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What is an SD70ACC?  Is it a rebult SD70ACe?

It is a rebuilt standard cab SD70.

http://www.nsdash9.com/rosters/1800.html

Chris Toth
NSDash9.com

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.057 seconds