Home Open Account Help 379 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Northeast Ohio - CSX/CVSR

Date: 09/20/19 13:29
Northeast Ohio - CSX/CVSR
Author: refarkas

Here are three photos taken in Akron, Ohio on the morning of September 20, 2019.
1.) CSX 3440 (Spirit of Ravenna) is westbound on train Q299.
2.) CSX 921 is eastbound with train Q276.
3.) CVSR 1822 is southbound about to pull into Akron Northside Station.
Bob

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/19 13:30 by refarkas.

Date: 09/20/19 13:47
Re: Northeast Ohio - CSX/CVSR
Author: ClubCar

Your photos are always nice; hover, why can't you take the time to let people know what CVSR is?  Not everyone on here knows all the abbreviations used especially if it is a new person.  That is why I always spell them out with the exception of major railroads like B&O, C&O, etc.  Anyhow, the CVSR is the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad.
Thanks for your photos Bob.
John in White Marsh, Maryland

Date: 09/20/19 14:10
Author: GP30Frank

Thanks for posting the  " Spirit of Ravenna " unit .  I didn't know CSX  had done that .  My uncle worked ourt of Ravenna ( KY )  for the L&N  back in the 40's and 50's .  I and 2 of my cousins would ride the C&O, from Louisville  to Winchester and  my aunt would come pick us up , so we could do  some visiting and listening time  there . We slept  ( and listened ) on the back screened -in porch to all the steam engines working the yard . 

Date: 09/20/19 22:03
Author: krm152

Definitely like your well composed contemporary photo series.
Thanks for the photo posting.
ALLEN 

Date: 09/21/19 18:46
Author: cornerfieldhobby

You lucky dog on Sprit of Ravenna and leading to!! Congrats. Beautiful lighting.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0346 seconds