Home Open Account Help 278 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Thursday on The Speedway

Date: 10/13/19 15:01
Thursday on The Speedway
Author: Vicksburg_Route

The KCS/NS Meridian Speedway isn't known for a lot of traffic, but on those rare occasions when two trains run back to back in nice light, it's a shame not to document the trains crossing the Mississippi River at Vicksburg.  In this series, KCS 5019 exits the Mississippi River Bridge and is about to duck under Washington Street as it enters Vicksburg, Mississippi, roughly midway between the origin and destination points for this Dallas to Atlanta Intermodal Train.  Running two blocks behind KCS 5019, UP 2557 leads Los Angeles to Atlanta expedited intermodal train I-ZLAAT (UP Train I-ZLCAI/NS Train 226) exits the bridge superstructure in the second image.  Zooming out a bit, I-ZLAAT can be viewed in its entirety as it crosses the bridge in the third image.

Date: 10/13/19 15:32
Re: Thursday on The Speedway
Author: refarkas

First-class scenic photos.
Bob

Date: 10/13/19 17:25
Author: perklocal

That is one impressive structure ! Never get tired of seeing trains crossing that bridge.

Date: 10/13/19 20:09
Author: Conrail99

Nice shots! What time of day do these intermodals usually pass through Vicksburg?

Posted from Android

Date: 10/14/19 02:21
Author: Vicksburg_Route

Thanks for the kind comments.  With regard to the schedule for these intermodals, I have concluded that they don't have one.  These trains can operate anytime between dawn and dusk, literally.  In my years of watching these trains traverse the Speedway, I've come to expect them in Vicksburg between 0900 and 0400, but they are sometimes earlier or later, depending on the time the connecting trains arrive at Wylie Intermoal Termilal near Dallas and Shreveport, Louisiana respectively.  The westbound counterparts are almost as erratic, arriving very, very late in the afternoon or after dark..  

Date: 10/14/19 04:46
Author: bobk

Great shots!

Date: 10/14/19 05:29
Author: ns1000

I like Pic 3!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0366 seconds