Home Open Account Help 244 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Changes coming on NS?

Date: 11/27/19 16:46
Changes coming on NS?
Author: willobi

I have heard from reliable sources that as of 12.1.19 the Piedmont Division is going to take over most of the former Central Division on the NS. The Peidmont will control everything west to Ooltawah (Chatt), east to Bristol and Asheville and north to Oakdale.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/19 16:46 by willobi.

Date: 11/27/19 18:06
Re: Changes coming on NS?
Author: steamloco

They did away with the Piedmont Division a while back and turned it into the Georgia Division I thought. The Greenville Dispatch office was closed a moved to Atlanta. Words out the Greenville Yard is closing and will be sold to the city for a bus depot. The old dispatch office with the Amtrak  station supposedly being torn down which won’t be a great loss. I have no idea where they will park the BMW’s for 237 heading south and west if this happens or build Donaldson trains.

Date: 11/27/19 22:19
Author: pdt

When u dont know what ur doing, move the deck chairs.

Date: 11/28/19 06:46
Author: lapklub

How are they going to know where to put the chairs?

Date: 11/28/19 06:51
Author: Rathole

NS purchased a very expensive movement planner/auto-router to move trains efficiently (insert big laugh here).  I'm sure it can handle deck chair placement too (insert bigger laugh here).

=========================================================================================

lapklub Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How are they going to know where to put the
> chairs?

Date: 11/28/19 08:43
Author: florida581

After the Central Division was dissolved, the surrounding divisions all took a piece of the Central Division.  However, NS' former Central Division locals are still using the T-series symbols.   T-series locals between Sharonville, OH and Somerset, KY are classified with the Lake Division.  T-series locals between Somerset, KY and Chattanooga and between Chattanooga and Knoxville  are classified with the Alabama Division.  T-series locals between Louisville and Danville, KY are classified with the Illinois Division.  T-series locals between Knoxville and Bristol, VA and between Bulls Gap, TN and Frisco, TN are classified with the Pocahontas Division.  Interesting that they're planning to change things up yet again.

Andrew

Date: 11/28/19 20:06
Author: spwolfmtn

I’m sure after the majestic glass tower/temple is completed in Atlanta, all will be great and extremely well managed at the NS.... BTW, this statement is sarcasm!

Date: 11/29/19 10:41
Author: Walla183

steamloco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They did away with the Piedmont Division a while
> back and turned it into the Georgia Division I
> thought. The Greenville Dispatch office was closed
> a moved to Atlanta. Words out the Greenville Yard
> is closing and will be sold to the city for a bus
> depot. The old dispatch office with the Amtrak
>  station supposedly being torn down which won’t
> be a great loss. I have no idea where they will
> park the BMW’s for 237 heading south and west if
> this happens or build Donaldson trains.

Doesn't leav e many options for Amtrak passengers waiting for the Crescent. I took a ride by the Greenville yard two weeks ago, Couple of stack cars and the rest autoracks. No local traffic nor local power around. The Donaldson center has become quite busy - rather far to build the local out of Spartanburg.

Date: 12/01/19 09:11
Author: steamloco

Sounds like a bus combo Amtrak Station. The buses can’t get under the main line due to a 10’ bridge so the whole project doesn’t make sense to me. The main bus station about a half a mile away is in the center of town which it needs to be but the property is valuable.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0462 seconds