Home Open Account Help 201 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Testing out the Gorillapod in Chillicothe OH Saturday Night

Date: 01/05/20 00:37
Testing out the Gorillapod in Chillicothe OH Saturday Night
Author: tq-07fan

I got one of those Joby Gorillapod 3k tripods a couple weeks ago but had not tried it out until Saturday night January 4th. My friend and I went to the train show in Columbus then proceeded to follow the N & W to Chillicothe. It was dark by the time we got to Ashville so I put the Gorillapod on the hood of the car to shoot video. In Circleville I did the same. In Chillicothe though I tried stills by using the car hood again then using a structure for the second. Finally for the video in Chillicothe I put the Gorillapod on the roof of the car. It was getting late, we had already stopped at Crispie Creme Donuts and most importantly the Chillicothe Police came and checked up on what we were doing and let us know that we were not far from a trouble house so after the eastbound grain (44V?) we came back home. Another good day and although I can improve I think I like the Gorillapod, at least when you need a highly portable tri-pod.
1) Power for the Chillicothe local at Douglas Street Yard in Chillicothe on the CSX. This shot I used the hood of the car but had to straighten the picture out a bit.
2) The caboose. This shot I used a nearby structure that I merely draped the legs over and into and post it as is, no straightening.
Video is what I think was 44V taken with the Gorillapod on the roof. Notice the Police cruiser at the start of the video.

Thank you for looking!

Jim

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/20 11:38 by tq-07fan.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 01/05/20 11:22
Re: Testing out the Gorillapod in Chillicothe OH Saturday Night
Author: tq-07fan

Now that I am awake I though I would add a couple pictures taken with the phone of the Gorillapod from last night.
3) stuck into the concrete frame at Douglas Street as mentioned in picture 2 from the first part of the thread.
4) Setting on top of the car roof at Chillicothe as mentioned in the video caption.
5) Sitting on the car hood as mentioned on the text above. The train is NS 233.

Jim

Date: 01/05/20 11:43
Re: Testing out the Gorillapod in Chillicothe OH Saturday Night
Author: norm1153

Greetings:  What is a "trouble house?"

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0542 seconds