Home Open Account Help 394 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CSX Office Car Special

Date: 01/16/20 13:25
CSX Office Car Special
Author: RFandPFan

Yesterday's CSX P900 (Jacksonville-Waycross-Jacksonville) Office Car Special.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 01/16/20 19:18
Re: CSX Office Car Special
Author: SOU3921

Cool video. Thanks for sharing.  I really wish they would paint the F40 logos the same size.  Poor corporate reflection, IMHO.

Date: 01/16/20 19:29
Author: zfan

Nice whistle!

Date: 01/16/20 21:05
Author: Cumberland

It's really neat how century-old equipment can get used in the modern-era, practically 100 years after their debut. They are treated as though they are just like any other passenger cars. Thanks for sharing!

Matthew

Date: 01/17/20 08:01
Author: engineerinvirginia

Cumberland Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's really neat how century-old equipment can get
> used in the modern-era, practically 100 years
> after their debut. They are treated as though they
> are just like any other passenger cars. Thanks for
> sharing!
>
> Matthew
>
>  
A little maintenance goes a long way.......lets hope they keep them up!

Date: 01/17/20 11:15
Author: ctillnc

A ltitle maintenance goes a long way, definitely, when the cars sit idle 28 days a month.

Date: 01/18/20 02:38
Author: globalethanol

beautiful! good to see they haven`t sent their OCS power packin` like NS did.

twl

Date: 01/18/20 09:07
Author: ctillnc

Yet.

Date: 01/18/20 17:18
Author: SR2

It is true that maintenance goes a long way, but I have to tell you a rather telling story about heavyweight cars.
Several years ago, I was pleased to have a senior Boeing Aircraft corporate engineer come to visit my car.
He had me give him a tour of the entire car, had me remove interior ceiling panels to reveal construction,
put on coveralls and crawled under the car all while taking lots of photos.  His assessment:   "Wow, this
car was really built!  While I work on limiting the amount of weight in designing a plane, it is apparent to me
that these guys just looked at longevity and passenger comfort without regard to weight.  These were probably
the most permanent transportation vehicles ever produced.  Clearly they were designed for a life-span of
more than 100 years of daily service.  Our B-52 is close, but these, I can't say enough, are truly a wonderful
piece of engineering."   This aero-engineer recently passed, he was always a delight to have aboard a
railcar.
SR2

Date: 01/19/20 09:54
Author: MojaveBill

That's because weight is key in aircraft and not so much invtrains.
BTW, my wife and i got to ride in a CSX theater car from DC to Williamsburg and back for the day in the '80s when we were Congressional staff. Nice cars and train!

Bill Deaver
Tehachapi, CA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0326 seconds