Home Open Account Help 303 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > RJ Corman locomotive on the move

Date: 10/21/20 20:12
RJ Corman locomotive on the move
Author: junctiontower

Today I was in Greencastle Indiana to take pictures of the former Big 4 passenger depot in town when a westbound CSX freight caught me by surprise .  Behind units powering the train was a RJ Corman Tunnel Motor tucked in for the ride.  It went by so fast that I didn't even have time to take a picture.  I was just wondering if anyone knew where it was headed or why it was on the move.  This is the former NYC/Conrail/CSX main line between Indianapolis and St. Louis. Greencastle is about 28 rail miles west of Avon Yard.

Date: 10/22/20 02:47
Re: RJ Corman locomotive on the move
Author: howeld

The word I’ve read on it is it came from RjC’s Cleveland Lines and is going to the Carolina lines.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 10/22/20 05:32
Author: junctiontower

Well, if that is the case, it's taking one of those circuatous routes only a railroader could dream up. :).

Date: 10/22/20 05:34
Author: urbrroa

Could you post thhe engine number in hopes tht a trace wil show where it is deliveer to? Thanks

Date: 10/22/20 06:10
Author: P

junctiontower Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, if that is the case, it's taking one of
> those circuatous routes only a railroader could
> dream up. :).

Well, I believe it. When they shipped my caboose from Hamlet, NC to Connersville, IN, they sent it to Nashville, TN and up to Terre Haute and then back east. The most direct route is not apparently a consideration these days.

Posted from Android

Date: 10/22/20 06:56
Author: howeld

RJC 8336.
Q349 picked it up.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 10/23/20 03:45
Author: ShortlinesUSA

Full initials are RJCP if anyone can trace.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1421 seconds