Home Open Account Help 383 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Finishing off a roll of digital up in Dayton

Date: 10/22/20 20:36
Finishing off a roll of digital up in Dayton
Author: tq-07fan

I visit my mom dad and the cat up in Dayton at least a couple times a month. Mentally it has helped us all, including the cat. This afternoon was absolutely beautiful so a good time to finish up an SD card that I had started in Ft Madison Iowa in July and realized I still had a bit of room left. I tried to find some good material for finishing it. Used to be at this point I'd take the roll of film to K-mart to be developed but, well this ain't film and even if it was where the heck is a K-mart? 
1) CSX Q 203 about to cross Leo Street in the north part Dayton.
2) Greater Dayton Regional Transit Authority GDRTA Next Gen Trolleybus 1952 on Rt 7 on S Main St with Miami Valley Hospital in the background.
3) Final picture to finish up the SD card before locking it. The Cat!

Thank you for looking!

Jim

Date: 10/22/20 20:44
Re: Finishing off a roll of digital up in Dayton
Author: wabash2800

OT, but cats just seem to know they are being photographed. In my experience, it is just hard to get a bad cat photograph. A famous photographer once said there are three things worth photographing: Cats, Women and Cats. (Sorry, trains weren't included in his list.)

Victor A. BaIrd
http://www.erstwhilepublications.com

Date: 10/22/20 22:56
Author: krm152

That trolley bus sure looks sharp.
Thanks for your photo posting.
ALLEN

Date: 10/23/20 05:04
Author: Locoinsp

I did not know that Dayton had trolley buses. Thanks for the photo.

Date: 10/23/20 05:14
Author: exhaustED

Nice shots, very cute cat!

Date: 10/23/20 09:18
Author: Frank30

Yes, Dayton has had trolley busses from way back when.  I was not aware that they had some
of the new variety.   A friend, the late Russell Lyle, from Dayton, used to keep me up to date with
goings on there.  I'm sure news of new trackless trolleys in Dayton would have pleased him
quite a bit.
Frank30 (Boston)

Date: 10/24/20 18:35
Author: shadetree

I didn't realize the buses were still in service.  Cool.

Eng.Shadetree

Date: 10/25/20 18:09
Author: tq-07fan

Thank you for the comments!

The trolleybus is one of the new Dayton Vossloh-Kiepe-Gillig-Complete Coach Works Dual Mode Trolleybuses. These new trolleybuses can operate up to thirteen miles off-wire and are used on several former trolleybus routes that were combined diesel routes. The additional routes are being considered that will incorporate underused trolleybus routes. These replaced the ETI/Skodas that had APU capability to operate off wire for short distances to get around wire work and other obstructions. The Flyer E-800s from my youth of course had no auxiliary power and had to be pushed by a truck and in some cases by lots of people. Dayton has more or less operated trolleybuses continuously since 1933 although there were short periods of diesel only due to overhead problems and more often roadwork on too many routes at the same time.

Jim 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/20 18:10 by tq-07fan.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.053 seconds