Home Open Account Help 389 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Question regarding Intermodals on CSX's Trenton Line

Date: 02/20/21 11:09
Question regarding Intermodals on CSX's Trenton Line
Author: Pattenburg

Was down in Belle Mead, NJ on Saturday and photographed CSX's Q032 as it passed by the former Reading depot. That got me thinking that the only intermodals I have seen on this line have been east / north bound trains. Therefore my question is does CSX run any west / south bound intermodals over the Trenton Line? Thanks for any information regarding my question.

Date: 02/20/21 11:30
Re: Question regarding Intermodals on CSX's Trenton Line
Author: Darthsimpletext

Southbounds are Q031/33 AND Q158

NICK

Date: 02/20/21 20:03
Author: Gonut1

So NICK,
Do they run in cover of darkness or is there another reason Pattenburg doesn't see them?

Pattenburg,
Always nice to see trains in the snow, even though I'm tired of seeing and shovelling snow! At 75 years of age, I'm blessed to have a son, still renting at home, to help out with that.
 Thanks for the posts of the decrepit Reading Station. It looked a lot better in historic old photos. But then again the Reading and or Conrail dropped passenger service about 50 years ago. Back then I had a friend, outside of railroad interests, auto racing, who in fact was by coincidence, a postman who delivered to our house at the time, was a student in a university. He graduated and said that he could take the Reading West Trenton Line to New York and his Wall Street job and it was only a little slower than taking Septa to Trenton and cross platform to NJT and was a lot cheaper. Those were the days! I should have spent more time riding the remaining trains. Alas, young and dumb!
Gonut

Date: 02/25/21 05:35
Author: NJTMatt

Q031 usually runs early mornings, anytime between 4-6am, Q158 stack train is anytime from early afternoon to 10pm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/21 05:37 by NJTMatt.

Date: 02/25/21 07:42
Author: Lackawanna484

Back in the 1970s, I would occasionally take the Reading train from Newark to Reading Terminal Philadelphia.  By West Trenton, the two RDCs were mostly empty.

My recollection is that these Reading trains just made 2-3 stops to Manville, and then all stops to W Trenton.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0368 seconds