Home Open Account Help 364 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > An hour around Harrisburg late Monday morning.

Date: 04/06/21 06:21
An hour around Harrisburg late Monday morning.
Author: sscannella

Heard 10K get a heads up from the Harrisburg Terminal Dispatcher to get ready to move east from BANKS once a westbound passed, so I headed out to the Linglestown Rd overpass just east of Rockville Bridge to grab some quick shots of the slightly smaller than normal Monday version of this land barge, running in usual 2 X 1 locomotive configuration.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/21 06:29 by sscannella.

Date: 04/06/21 06:28
Re: An hour around Harrisburg late Monday morning.

While 10K was passing, a 93M was looking for permission from the dispatcher to come out of Enola.   He would have to wait for a westbound 651 empty coal hopper train to go west.  HH11 was also looking for permission to come east out of Harrisburg Yard to head down to Steelton with two empty steel ingot cars from Lehigh Heavy Forge in Bethlehem.  He'd get the light to come out after 10K passed.  So I made a quick run down to the other end of the city, first to Paxton Street to get the HH11 on the Steelton Industrial, then up to the Mulberry St. bridge to get the 93M with a rail train heading for the Lurgan line coming through CP-PAXTON just before a hangs a sharp right on the connector up to the Lurgan.  Not a bad way to spend an hour break in the morning. 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/21 06:28 by sscannella.

Date: 04/06/21 07:06
Author: perklocal

Nice ! Like those Ingot cars from Beth Forge. I'll bet that 3472 sounded good climbing that hard right turn up onto the Lurgan with a loaded train.

Date: 04/06/21 07:24

perklocal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice ! Like those Ingot cars from Beth Forge. I'll
> bet that 3472 sounded good climbing that hard
> right turn up onto the Lurgan with a loaded train.

The cars with the CWR loads were making quite a variety of squeals and other noises.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.091 seconds