Home Open Account Help 245 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > L&C short line to serve new Gallo winery in South Carolina

Date: 06/17/21 14:22
L&C short line to serve new Gallo winery in South Carolina
Author: BanJoe

L&C short line to serve new Gallo winery in South Carolina

Exciting news for the Lancaster and chester Railroad. The L&C was not hurting when the Gulf & Ohio bouht them and the G&O has just kept building up business. I'm wodering what kind of cars will show up on the L&C for Gallo. I guess tis means more black locomotives

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/21 14:33 by BanJoe.

Date: 06/17/21 15:13
Re: L&C short line to serve new Gallo winery in South Carolina
Author: toledopatch

BanJoe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I guess this means more black locomotives.

Indeed. I'm happy for them building their business, but from a photographic perspective their current look is less than inspiring.

Date: 06/17/21 17:47
Author: callum_out

$423 million for a winery not in California, from a family name that started the production wine business, ah progress!

Out 

Date: 06/17/21 17:56
Author: srman

callum_out Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------It was just yesterday that shot one of their trains with the two SD60M’s leading in fresh black G&O paint. Nice and clean.However the one thing that I really wanted to accomplish was that high short hood GP38AC. Got it too!
> $423 million for a winery not in California, from
> a family name that started the production wine
> business, ah progress!
>
> Out 

Posted from iPhone

Date: 06/17/21 19:21
Author: ts1457

callum_out Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> $423 million for a winery not in California, from
> a family name that started the production wine
> business, ah progress!
>
> Out 

Gallo will be bottling wine there, but it may not be using any locally made wine. I am curious to know.

Date: 06/18/21 05:56
Author: Lackawanna484

A right to work state, paying you to set up shop. Worked for Boeing, etc. Gallo knows how to work The system.

The Gallo family was the beneficiary of a special clause which applied for one day only. It allowed a transfer of stock to children and grandchildren of up to two million dollars each. It was a huge deal at the time, and saved a bundle in gift taxes. "Gallo exemption"

Money talks, politicians listen.

Posted from Android

Date: 06/18/21 07:47
Author: chrisbutts

Gallo makes more than just wine.  They own the Barefoot hard seltzer and High Noon vodka & soda brands, and that market has exploded big time.    It was nearly impossible to get High Noon at one point, it sells out fast.

Date: 06/18/21 07:54
Author: RichM

May I suggest taking a breath.

Yes, they've getting a benefit. And South Carolina, as the state's done successfully for forty years, trades low interest loans and tax exemptions for employment opportunities. Most states have economic development offices, and almost every opportunity is tied to a commitment to hiring a specified number of employees.

So far as I can tell, the west coast Gallos didn't hold a gun to anyone's head in SC. And Gallo wasn't forced to do business in SC. And I don't expect anyone to lose their job in California.  

How about celebrating a market expansion?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/21 12:37 by RichM.

Date: 06/18/21 12:30
Author: callum_out

Much so, and they are a good emplyer in California, Dad built equipment for them in the fifties.

Out 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0745 seconds