Home Open Account Help 303 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > BNSF grain in the rain not on a plain in Spain.

Date: 07/21/21 18:43
BNSF grain in the rain not on a plain in Spain.
Author: ddavies

HU that a BNSF grainer was coming east yesterday got me out in the heat today.  Just as he approached in the first image at Rutherford Curve, it started to rain.  He was going slowly, so I was able to beat him back to Shenandoah Junction (about 3 miles), but the rain and wind really cut loose then.  DS was giving all trains from Martinsburg to Harpers Ferry a 60 mph high wind warning. The rain is most notable in the last image of the DPUs going away to the east.  I was soaked, and so was my camera.  :-(

Date: 07/21/21 19:19
Re: BNSF grain in the rain not on a plain in Spain.
Author: ns2557

Nice shots in the rain, not on a plain in Spain and certainly not a pain if one does not mind the rain.In additon to the great shots ya got 2 notable BNSF Units. The leader is one of 21 BNSF Rebuilds from C44-9W's to what they call AC44CM's. These are from BNSF's early try at rebuilding their large -9 Fleet into AC motors, all done in Mexico at the GE San Luis Potosi shops.  And then the rear most DPU on this one. BNSF 8507 is one of 20 EMD Built SD70ACeP4's, BNSF 8500-8519. A-1-A trucks on both these models. The P4's are the only examples built to my knowledge, So, great catch. Thanks for sharing.  Ben

Date: 07/21/21 22:20
Author: SOO6617

ns2557 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BNSF 8507 is one of
> 20 EMD Built SD70ACeP4's, BNSF 8500-8519. A-1-A
> trucks on both these models. The P4's are the only
> examples built to my knowledge, So, great catch.
> Thanks for sharing.  Ben

The EMD P4 Locomotives have B1-1B powered axle arrangement not A-1-A.

Date: 07/23/21 00:44
Author: santafe199

(chuckling energetically) ...so would you say all other competition for IOTD was drowned in the deluge??!! I would offer just that, along with a hearty round of kudos for getting such a unique shot. In my years I've been known to take certain measures to get a shot. But I believe I would have been caught hunkering down inside my rig on this one! Thanks for putting the pontoons on your camera and braving this shot sequence. A job well done!

Lance/199

Date: 07/23/21 16:25
Author: mg8711

Gotta love a good stormy day sequence.
Congrats on IOTD.
mg8711

Date: 07/27/21 16:36
Author: ns1000

Nice pics!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0438 seconds