Home Open Account Help 375 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CSX locomotive questions

Date: 11/26/21 15:44
CSX locomotive questions
Author: mully

Is there an online website to see when certain units were purchased and when the paint schemes changed ?

Thanks
Gary

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/26/21 15:51
Re: CSX locomotive questions
Author: toledopatch

Many online rosters include locomotive "built" dates. RRPictureArchives notably has a listing of "other" engines that had the same serial number as a given locomotive, which allows you to trace a particular engine's reporting-mark history.

But I am not aware of any resource listing when locomotives were repainted. The closest could be old issues of The Bull Sheet, which listed CSX locomotives by paint scheme a couple times per year; comparing one such list to the next would at least narrow the time frame for repaintings. But how much of that material is available online, I couldn't tell you.

Photos on a site like RRPictureArchives could also help with such research. The photo quality on that specific site is, to be charitable, uneven, but if all you're seeking is paint-scheme info, quality is secondary.

Date: 11/26/21 18:10
Author: GPutz

Gary, the Bullsheet has painting info, but not bulit/purchased date info.  I use rrpicturearchives for that.  Gerry

Date: 11/26/21 18:13
Author: mully

Thanks all

Gary

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/27/21 07:58
Author: engineerinvirginia

mully Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks all
>
> Gary
>
> Posted from iPhone

Purchased in the stone age....painted only when there was no alternative....

Date: 11/27/21 09:07
Author: chuchubob

Rrpicturearchives has been missing for three days.  THE DIESEL SHOP is a suggestion.

Date: 12/07/21 05:35
Author: jcreed111

Gerry, what is a "Bullsheet" and where might I find them?  I have heard folks speak about train symbols and schedules, and would like to know how to find that resource information.  When I am out at a location like Point-Of-Rocks, I would love to know what trains to expect.  Sounds like perhaps a Bullsheet might have that information?  

Date: 12/07/21 19:14
Author: Cole42

jcreed111 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gerry, what is a "Bullsheet" and where might I
> find them?  I have heard folks speak about train
> symbols and schedules, and would like to know how
> to find that resource information.  When I am out
> at a location like Point-Of-Rocks, I would love to
> know what trains to expect.  Sounds like perhaps
> a Bullsheet might have that information?  

bullsheet.com.  It is a website that morphed from a newsletter started by a B&O operator.  IIRC, it originally was to list what Chessie engines were still in their original paint and what ones were in Chessie yellow.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0436 seconds