Home Open Account Help 324 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Sunday trip back home to Lima, Ohio

Date: 05/04/22 10:19
Sunday trip back home to Lima, Ohio
Author: bath_wildcat

Sunday-the day I went home, for the day that is. 

The wife and I thought about surprising my dad and grandparents by making a day trip back to my old hometown.  I found out my grandparents were busy all day having other things going on, but they said go get your dad, which my wife and I promtly did.  The trip was also to pick up this beast found here-https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?3,2443544,2443544#2443544.  

Went to pick up my dad to take him to a couple of old favorite places, which were closed. Drat, well plan B-chase anything we could chase at that time, which at the time ended up being the CF&E transfer from CSX Lima Yard to their yard at Cole St. Chase ensues, get to where we are caught up and snag these pics of CF&E 3486 and 2132.  

Both are ex NS units, with the 3486 being ex NS 3573, nee HLCX 8165, nee BNSF 8165, and the 2132 being ex NS high nose 5103, exx SOU 5103. 

It was a short chase but well worth it.  CSX was pretty dead for a Sunday, so this is about all I was able to get. 

Michael Fair
Royal Oak, MI

Date: 05/04/22 11:02
Re: Sunday trip back home to Lima, Ohio
Author: bath_wildcat

Here is the movie my wife put together of the chase, and YES I have my wifes permission to post this here as its HER tiktok account. 

Michael Fair
Royal Oak, MI

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/22 11:07 by bath_wildcat.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 05/04/22 19:02
Re: Sunday trip back home to Lima, Ohio
Author: heatermason

Love it!  Any day spent chasing trains with folks you love (sometimes even up and down) is a good day.  Thanks for posting, enjoyed the story of the $4 models, too. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0378 seconds