Home Open Account Help 366 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > "Unusual Manifest, MA&N"

Date: 05/19/22 05:20
"Unusual Manifest, MA&N"
Author: ut-1

Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern ran a train north out of Utica NY yesterday on its Lyons Falls line with an unusual manifest. Behind No. 805, an ALCO C425 still in BCOL colors: a covered hopper, four empty lumber racks, No. 2453 (another ALCO C425), and two Adirondack Railroad coaches.

No. 2453 and the two passenger cars went off the MA&N and onto Adirondack home rails at Remsen's Snow Junction, 23 miles from Utica. They then proceeded up the line to Big Moose to pick up contractors working on the line's restoration to Tupper Lake, 108 miles north of Utica. The contractors were taken to Beaver River to begin work. As I understand it, there is no road access to Beaver River.

After the Adirondack train was switched out of the consist, No. 805 proceeded to Boonville with the freight cars.

This video features a look at the full train coming up Remsen Hill, Prospect, approximately 18 miles out of Utica, and a view of the Adirondack work extra 15 miles farther north on home rails in Forestport at a location known as Pit Four.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 05/19/22 07:44
Re: "Unusual Manifest, MA&N"
Author: FiveChime

Amazing how long these old Alcos keep running!
BCR Squamish shop August 1983
Great you are capturing them still in action there in New York.
Regards, Jim Evans

Date: 05/19/22 08:41
Author: FECgp40

Great video. Thanks for sharing. Good looking pooch too!! I can't take my dog chasing. She isn't that well behaved.

Posted from Android

Date: 05/19/22 09:31
Author: Pattenburg

Nice video!

Date: 05/19/22 11:13
Author: zars

That's a former Erie Lackawanna (or Conrail) unit in the foreground.  You can tell the diamond logo and the maroon stripe on the nose.

Date: 05/19/22 21:34
Author: FiveChime

It's actually 805, the exact same unit that UT-1 videoed some 39 years later!
Regards, Jim Evans

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0501 seconds