Home Open Account Help 355 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Crew change points on the old B&O and NS through Chillicothe, OH.

Date: 09/09/22 10:37
Crew change points on the old B&O and NS through Chillicothe, OH.
Author: RodneyZona

On the old B&O RR line (now ripped up) between Cincinati and Parkersburg WV did the train and engine crews worked out of Chillicothe, OH or Cincinatti and out of Chillicothe, OH or Parkersburg, WV.  On the NS RR diid the train and engine worked out of  Portsmuth, OH or Columbus OH? 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/22 14:41 by RodneyZona.

Date: 09/09/22 15:21
Re: Crew change points on the old B&O and NS through Chilliest, O
Author: nw6175

As for the NS, crews were headquartered out of both Bellevue and Portsmouth which was known as a double ended pool. I do not know if that is still the case. 

Date: 09/09/22 17:41
Author: halfmoonharold

As of the mid-2010's, NS had a long pool Portsmouth-Bellevue and a short pool Portsmouth-Columbus. There had been a Bellevue-Portsmouth pool, but I think it is gone.  

Date: 09/11/22 14:35
Author: SALGUY

halfmoonharold Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As of the mid-2010's, NS had a long pool
> Portsmouth-Bellevue and a short pool
> Portsmouth-Columbus. There had been a
> Bellevue-Portsmouth pool, but I think it is
> gone.  

I'm gladly a former NS engineer and I worked the Bellevue to Portsmouth pool as a conductor and later as an engineer off of the extra board. As was previously stated, it was a double ended pool with engineers and conductors at both ends. There also was the Portsmouth short pool which operated between Portsmount and Columbus Yards. This included Watkins and Buckeye Yard.

I have no idea what the operations are like today.

Date: 09/13/22 08:31
Re: Crew change points on the old B&O and NS through Chillicothe,
Author: byang

I lived in Chillicothe in the 60's and they definitely changed crews there for the B&O passenger trains. A friend's dad was a B&O engineer and used to say a 100 miles was a day's work.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0379 seconds