Home Open Account Help 240 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > UP CSX pushing merger?


Date: 09/20/22 07:07
UP CSX pushing merger?
Author: Sterned

Just saw 2 UP yellow and blue paint scheme CSX SD70 locos pulling a UP American flag SD70. Are there pics of these new paint jobs. Is the merger going through?

This is in Columbus ohio downtown.

Posted from Android



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/22 07:22 by Sterned.



Date: 09/20/22 07:15
Re: UP CSX pushing merger?
Author: Tominde

I don't have any pics for you, but ust because UP + CSX engines are running together does not mean a merger is happening.  Run through power is not uncommon. 



Date: 09/20/22 07:16
Re: UP CSX pushing merger?
Author: howeld

Ummm no.

I’m sitting in downtown and nothing special has gone by.

You may have seen the Ohio Central train to parsons. It just passed though at about 10am in downtown. It has 3 ex UP SD70s from Larry’s. Two have the sides blacked out and the third still has the flag. Otherwise I’m confused as everyone else.



Date: 09/20/22 07:16
Re: UP CSX pushing merger?
Author: engineerinvirginia

Sterned Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just saw 2 UP yellow and blue paint scheme CSX
> es44ac locos pulling a UP American flag es44ac.
> Are there pics of these new paint jobs. Is the
> merger going through?
>
> This is in Columbus ohio downtown.
>
> Posted from Android

No word on the street and belive me if there were rumours on the inside I'd have heard them! That would be a bad combo however....the blind can't lead the blind....can you say Penn Central!?



Date: 09/20/22 07:20
Re: UP CSX pushing merger?
Author: Sterned

It was the paint scheme that made me wonder a CSX blue with a UP yellow on two CSX locos

Posted from Android



Date: 09/20/22 07:21
Re: UP CSX pushing merger?
Author: Sterned

Ahh that explains it thanks

Posted from Android



Date: 09/20/22 07:43
Re: UP CSX pushing merger?
Author: Sterned

howeld Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ummm no.
>
> I’m sitting in downtown and nothing special has
> gone by.
>
> You may have seen the Ohio Central train to
> parsons. It just passed though at about 10am in
> downtown. It has 3 ex UP SD70s from Larry’s.
> Two have the sides blacked out and the third
> still has the flag. Otherwise I’m confused as
> everyone else.

Ya thats it pulling procor tankers. Didn't know we had a local here

Posted from Android



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/22 07:43 by Sterned.



Date: 09/20/22 08:12
Re: UP CSX pushing merger?
Author: howeld

Sterned Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> howeld Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Ummm no.
> >
> > I’m sitting in downtown and nothing special
> has
> > gone by.
> >
> > You may have seen the Ohio Central train to
> > parsons. It just passed though at about 10am
> in
> > downtown. It has 3 ex UP SD70s from Larry’s.
>
> > Two have the sides blacked out and the third
> > still has the flag. Otherwise I’m confused
> as
> > everyone else.
>
> Ya thats it pulling procor tankers. Didn't know we
> had a local here
>
> Posted from Android

Downtown over the river will see on CSX and NS:

OC with the LTEX exUP units will go and return from Parsons.

Camp Chase a few times a week.

NS local and road train or two.

2-3 CSX locals plus road trains.

Posted from iPhone



Date: 09/20/22 13:24
Re: UP CSX pushing merger?
Author: dcfbalcoS1

               Such a small thing that gets rumors going.       :)



Date: 09/20/22 13:38
Re: UP CSX pushing merger?
Author: farmer

Speaking of Columbus Ohio. Can anyone direct me to a site that has a current railroad map. Also one during the Penn Central era.

Posted from iPhone



Date: 09/20/22 19:55
Re: UP CSX pushing merger?
Author: BobE

Sterned Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just saw 2 UP yellow and blue paint scheme CSX
> SD70 locos pulling a UP American flag SD70. Are
> there pics of these new paint jobs. Is the merger
> going through?


The STB said last year the biggest merger they would be willing to approve was CP-KCS.  So, UP-CSX?..in your dreams.

BobE
 



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/22 19:56 by BobE.



Date: 09/20/22 21:07
Re: UP CSX pushing merger?
Author: ironmtn

It may well, perhaps probably, happen...someday. Just not now. Especially not now.

MC



Date: 09/21/22 08:24
Re: UP CSX pushing merger?
Author: zars




Date: 09/21/22 16:39
Re: UP CSX pushing merger?
Author: ironmtn

zars Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> http://www.columbusrailroads.com/new/?menu=Home

And at this page, what was it that you wanted us to read or review?



Date: 09/21/22 23:27
Re: UP CSX pushing merger?
Author: justalurker66

Probably the map that farmer requested ... although I had the same thought when I saw the link.



Date: 09/22/22 18:26
Re: UP CSX pushing merger?
Author: zars




Date: 09/26/22 06:59
Re: UP CSX pushing merger?
Author: ironmtn

Got it. Thanks for the clarification via the more detailed URL link.

MC



[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0801 seconds