Home Open Account Help 376 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Not Moved Yet, Hamilton Ohio Depot

Date: 09/25/22 20:19
Not Moved Yet, Hamilton Ohio Depot
Author: tq-07fan

I've been on Holiday for two weeks. Tonight I went up to Hamilton to see if the depot has been moved. I heard a train with 704 axles hit the detector at MP 13. I lost time stopping but missing something coming south on the NS New Castle District. By the time I got to the new bridge across the CSX at Grand Ave in Hamilton the 704 axle train was underneath. I chased and got ahead near Overpeck Junction at the North end of Overpeck Yard at Jackson Rd (1). Not satisfied with the result I went up to Morganthaler Rd for a better shot (2). Back to Hamilton and food from Jocko's. Cole Slaw in hand I walked out and got an NS coming past the CH&D Depot which is still being prepared for movement a couple blocks north (3).

Thank you for looking! 

Jim

Date: 09/26/22 11:08
Re: Not Moved Yet, Hamilton Ohio Depot
Author: shadetree

Is there a projected move date?

Eng.Shadetree

Date: 09/26/22 17:58
Re: Not Moved Yet, Hamilton Ohio Depot
Author: tq-07fan

Finally a more recent newspaper article from last week. 

Hamilton's work to move train depot proceeds

There is no definitive date but the buildings are projected to be moved by mid December. Originally CSX wanted the buildings moved muxh earlier so we do have to thank CSX for their co-operation with the city of Hamilton. I guess we have a little more time to get shots of the depot in various phases of preparation.

Jim

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/22 17:59 by tq-07fan.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0472 seconds